Chapter 12--It's Saturday

Chapter 12—It’s Saturday

I lazily open my eyes, the sunlight filling the room letting me know it’s morning.  I can’t focus on much for all the red wavy curls in my face.  Dang my hair is just everywhere.  I realize that my comfy pillow is actually Norm’s chest.  Once again I’m sprawled out on top of him.  My right arm is under Norman’s left which is wrapped around my shoulders.  My bad leg is wedged between Norman’s legs and our feet are wrapped up together.  My left arm is on Norm’s torso, my hand on his chest, near my face.  My ear is against Norman’s chest and I can hear his strong, even heartbeat. I try to move and he tightens his arm around me.  I guess I’m not going anywhere right now.  This is the second night I’ve spent in Norman’s arms and I can’t lie, I wouldn’t trade it for all the money in the world.  I sigh quietly and run my hand across his chest lightly.  I feel his hand run through my unruly hair and he uses the arm to hug me.  He reaches for me with his free arm and pushes the hair out of my face to look at me.  “Morning, beautiful” he says in the raspy sexy morning voice.  “Good morning, handsome” I reply.  He smiles and leans down to kiss the top of my head.  I stretch trying to ignore the pain in my leg that results from me stretching the muscles. I start pushing myself up on my elbow, “Sorry but I need to get up.”  He looks crushed.  “I’ll come back, I just gotta pee” I tell him.  He loosens the hold he has on me and I sit up and scoot to the side of the bed.

 I swing my legs off the side and sit up.  My crutches are a few feet away leaning on the closet door.  I figure I can easily hop over to them.  I put my good foot down and stand up.  So far so good.  I put just enough weigh on my injured leg so I can step forward.  There is a bit of pain but I work through it.  I start to teeter off balance and try to regain my balance but I can’t.  I reach back to the bed but I’m just out of reach.  I try putting my weigh on my bad leg to prevent me from falling over but my leg is stiff and gives out.  I fall to the floor landing on my bad hip. The pain rips through my leg and I cry out louder than I meant to.  Norman immediately springs out of the bed and comes around to my side, crouching down to where I’m lying on the hardwood floor.  “Shit, Jenna.  Are you OK?” He asks in a worried tone.  My hair is hanging in my face and I just suck in a painful breath.  Norman pushes the red curls out of my face and looks into my green eyes with his worry filled blue ones.  Tears have welled up in my eyes, a result of the pain in my hip.  A few tears have spilled out onto my cheeks and I’m trying like hell not to let more escape.  Norman reaches out with both hands cradling my face, wiping the tears off my cheeks with his thumbs.  I look at him and whine out “I think so.  I lost my balance and was too far away from the bed.  I landed on my hip.  It hurts like a bitch.”  He looks me over, “Are you sure you’re OK?”  I nod my head, “I’ll be fine.  I’m just a major klutz.”

He gently helps me up onto the side of the bed and gets my crutches.  “Next time just ask for them, OK?”  I look up at him standing only in his black boxer briefs with my crutches in his hand.  Holy crap, does this man ever look bad?  I must be staring because he smiles at me and says, “If you take a picture sweetheart, it will last longer.”  I blush and take my crutches from him, “sorry.”  He laughs, “No need to be sorry, you can look all you want.”  In a very sexy low voice he tells me, “You can even touch.”  I blush even more and try to focus on walking with the crutches. As I go past Norman, he looks at my right hip and smiles, “Nice tattoo.”  I look down at the 6 inch Celtic Cross at the top of my hip, partially covered by the side of my pink thong panties.  I hobble past him and just smile.  As I get to the doorway of my room, I hear him say, “Nice ass too.”  My giggles fill the quiet hallway as I make my way to the bathroom. Once in the bathroom I go through my normal morning routine.  I brush my teeth and hair before I exit and go to the kitchen.

  Norman is dressed in only his jeans, which are zipped but not buttoned.  He’s got our cigarettes in his hand and his phone.  I can smell the coffee brewing in my Keurig.  He hands me a cup and I grab the cream he put out on the counter near the sugar.  I fix my coffee and turn around to see him taking the first sip from his own cup.  He grabs the cup from my hands and gestures towards the front door and we head out to the porch.  I walk out on the front porch in my tank top and thong.  Norman behind me, watching me hop around with my crutches.  “Enjoying the view?” I tease, leaning the crutches on the railing and holding onto the porch post with my one hand.  He sets the cups down on the railing and lightly smacks my bare ass, “You bet ‘cha.”  I raise an eyebrow and sassily quip. “Nice, you gonna pull my hair too baby?”  He gives me an evil grin, “You want me to?”  He steps closer to me and reaches for a lock of my hair, twirling it around his fingers.  I shrug my shoulders and whisper, “maybe, depends if it interests you.”  He looks at me for a moment before replying, “I’m definitely interested.”  I just smile at him and light my cigarette.  He looks me up and down before grabbing his pack and fishing out his cigarette.  He lights his cig and takes a sip of his coffee.  We finish our coffee and head back inside. 

I go to the kitchen and grab the box of instant oatmeal I unpacked yesterday.  I hold it up, “Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal alright with you?  I don’t really have anything else yet.”  He smiles and nods.  I put on the tea kettle and lean against the island, my elbows on the island counter, my face cradled in my hands.  I watch Norm play with his phone.  I smile at him and he suddenly holds the phone up and snaps a picture.  I groan, “Really?”  He smiles and shows me the picture.  It’s just my face and hands, my big green eyes peering out from my wavy red hair.  Not a bad picture at all.  I smile and nod my approval.  He grins and turns back to the phone.  My cell is sitting on the island and I hear the familiar ping of a notification.  I pick up my phone and unlock it.  I click on my Instagram and see my picture.  Norman actually posted it with the words “spending time with a beautiful girl.” I smile up at him and turn to the boiling kettle. 

I make the oatmeal and Norman makes us more coffee.  We eat breakfast, and talk about what we are going to do today.  He wants to help me finish unpacking and spend the day with me.  I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and grab my crutches.  “I’m going to take a quick shower and get dressed.”  I tell him.  He nods, “I’ll get a shower after you’re done.  I brought clothes over yesterday, just in case.”  I give him an “oh really” look and head to the bedroom to grab fresh clothes and then back down to the bathroom to get a shower.