Chapter 28--Cast & Crew

Chapter 28—Cast & Crew

We pull into my driveway and park in front of my place.  Norman shuts off the bike and I climb off.  I take off my helmet and turn to Norman, “I’ll see you at 7.”  He takes off his helmet and sets it on his lap, “Are you sure you don’t want me to wait until you’re ready?”  I smile and kiss his cheek, “I have to do a load of laundry, take a shower, and pack some more clothes because I’m pretty sure I’ll be staying at your place tonight.  You have to get home because the caterers will be there soon.”  He nods and grabs my hand, “I’ll see you later.”  He pulls me closer and gives me a quick kiss.  I walk onto my porch and put the key in the front door.  I hear his motorcycle start up and I glance back, watching him pull out of my driveway.  I wave and head inside.  I put down my stuff and head to my bedroom to gather up my dirty clothes.  I grab all the dirty clothes off the chair and throw them in a laundry basket.  I notice that Norman left one of his t-shirts here.  I pull it out of the basket and hold it to my face.  I love the way he smells; a mixture of cologne, cigarettes and well, Norman.  I’ll never get tired of his scent.  I toss the shirt back in the basket and head to the laundry room.

After starting the washer, I head to the shower.  I take a long shower just letting my mind wander.  The last five days have been unbelievable; a new job, new boyfriend, new life, and a new me, not a bad few days at all.  I dry off, wrap the towel around me and head back to my room.  I look into the mirror and notice the bruise is getting lighter, soon I’ll be able to easily see my ankle tattoo.  I go to my closet and try to figure out what to wear. I decide on a simple Emerald Green tea length halter dress and a pair of basic black flats.  I grab my black halter push up bra and matching thong, throwing them on.  I run a comb through my hair separating the curls.   I go into the bathroom and decide to do something different with my hair.  I softly pin it in a partial up-do, my waves and curls still cascading down my back.  I decide to put on a little make-up, not my usual thing but I’m in a mood.  I just apply some face powder and decide to do up my eyes.  Using bronze and brown eye shadow, I go for a smoky eye look.  I use a little green eye shadow across the top lid to make my eyes pop and a little black eyeliner to finish my eyes.  I add a bit of blush to my cheeks, a touch of shimmery lip gloss, and I’m satisfied with the results.

 I go back to my room and put on my dress.  I look over in the mirror and almost don’t recognize myself.  Staring back at me is a very girlie looking reflection.  This dress has a lot more cleavage than I originally thought.  What the hell, I look damn good.  I wonder if Norman will like it, he’s never seen me like this.  I grab my shoes and put them on.  If this was a dressier occasion I would have worn heels, but my flats will be perfect for tonight.  I still need to pack some clothes for tomorrow.  I grab what I need and head to my dresser drawer, rummaging through it looking for a particular item.  I find what I am looking for and pull it out, a lacey black teddie.  I stuff everything in my bag and head out to my living room.  I pause for a minute deciding if I should really wear this dress.  It’s not too dressy for tonight, but I am usually very casual, so this is a bit out of my comfort zone.  I take a deep breath and decide to suck it up and live a little.  I grab my cell and keys and head for my car.

It’s just after 7 so I will be technically late, but since I didn’t want to be the first person there, this should be perfect.  I start up my Mini Van and drive over to Normans.  I park my van and decide to leave my bag in my car, grabbing my cell and keys.  I look at myself quickly in the mirror and breathe deep to calm my nerves.  I exit my car and head towards his front walk.

Norman’s POV

It’s after 7 and she’s not here yet.  I actually expected her here early, so I’m a bit disappointed.  Several of my friends have arrived and they are hanging out in the kitchen with the food.  I walk to my front door again and I see Jenna coming up the walk with Andy.  They are talking as they approach the front door.