Chapter 32--Atlanta Comic Con

Chapter 32-Atlanta Comic Con

Friday May 30, 2014

Norman’s POV

My alarm goes off at 5:30am and I hit the snooze button.  I really don’t want to get up, it’s too early and there’s a beautiful, naked redhead sprawled out on top of me.  She’s still sleeping and I don’t want to wake her just yet.  I run my fingers through her curls and watch her sleep on my chest.  She’s so peaceful, like a sexy little angel.  I’ve never had a girlfriend like her, she’s so generous and wants only me in return.  She has no idea how much I love her. I kiss the top of her head and gently wake her so we can get ready.

Jenna’s POV

I’m pretty sure I’m still dreaming when I hear a sexy voice, “Jenna honey, it’s time to get up.”  I groan and try to burrow my face in my pillow, until I realize my pillow is Norman’s chest.  I keep waking up on top of him, not that I mind at all, but he’s got to be getting tired of it.  I sigh out, “Sorry Norm.  Honestly I don’t purposely try to use you as a pillow every night.”  He hugs me and whispers, “I don’t mind at all.  In fact I wouldn’t have it any other way.”  He brushes my hair off my bare back and runs his fingers lightly down my spine, making me shiver.  I kiss his chest and look up at him, “I wish we could just stay in bed all day.”  He sighs, “Yeah, me too but we have to go to work.  I promise we’ll get a break soon.”  Norman loosens his arms as I push myself upright.  I kiss his cheek and head to the shower. 

Norman and I finish our morning routine and head out of the house.  I put my bag in my van and watch Norman put his bag in the back of his Jeep.  I walk over to him and he pulls me into his arms.  I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him tight.  Norman is the first to speak, “Come to Atlanta as soon as you get done work, OK?  Just text me when you’re on your way.”  I kiss his cheek and tell him, “I will.  I hope I get everything done today so I can drive up tonight.  If not I’ll be up sometime on Saturday.”  He nods, “I have to get going.  Give me a kiss.”  I kiss him softly on the lips and run my hand across his cheek, “I will see you later.  Love you, Norman.”  He smiles and quickly kisses me again, “I love you too, Jenna.”  I step back and open the driver’s door to his Jeep.  Norman gets in and starts the engine.  I’m leaning in the window, not wanting him to go yet.  He leans over and kisses me one more time, “I’ll call you later and see how it’s going with you at work, OK?”  I nod and back away from the Jeep so he can leave.  He pulls out of the driveway and I walk back over to my van, so I can head to work.

 My day at work goes quickly.  Eulyn had the whole wardrobe department come in early and everyone is working together.  We had lunch brought over from Craft Services so we could keep working.  I’ve been working on a little bit of everything.  For the last couple of hours I’ve been working on a few Walker costumes for an upcoming Terminus scene.  Eulyn thinks we will be done by 4, which means I should make it to Atlanta by 5:30pm.  Eulyn offers me a ride to Atlanta, she’s going too.  This way I can ride home with Norman on Sunday. 

4 o’clock rolls around and we all pack up and head for home.  Eulyn follows me back to Norm’s place so I can feed Eye and drop off my car.  We will have a couple of hours of Con, so I decide to change my shirt.  I put on one of my favorite Boondock tank tops which says “Fuck You, I know shit."  I leave my black skinny jeans on and head out the door with my overnight bag.  I get in her car, texting Norman to expect me, and we head to Atlanta.