Chapter 94--The Rehearsal

Chapter 94-The Rehearsal

Warning!-Adult Content

The last three days have been pretty relaxing overall. I've mostly spent it in bed. Norm just told the kids I over did it with all the wedding prep and I need to rest until the wedding. I think Cira suspects I'm pregnant but she's going along with Norman's story. I guess she knows we'll tell them all when we're ready.

Norm has been working long hours but he's spent his dinner break with us every night since we got here and he's attentive as ever when he gets back to the hotel. I couldn't ask for anything more. I am so used to dealing with this on my own that Norman is going to spoil me with all this attention. It's so different to feel loved when you're pregnant and not like a pariah by the father of your child. I'm actually looking forward to being to this pregnancy.

I called Dr. Vai on Tuesday and let her know about my positive pregnancy test and also the light-headedness. She assured me that it is a common ailment in the first trimester, along with morning sickness. She wants me to be careful because I could pass out and hurt myself. Her suggestion was to try not to be alone especially when walking down stairs or taking a shower. Maeve has been my shadow since Monday night whenever Norm is away. It's okay because I really don't want to hurt myself or the baby if I fall.

Yesterday afternoon I went to a local OBGYN that Dr. Vai made arrangements for me to see on short notice, just to make sure everything was okay so far. Dr. Kellan was great and she easily found a heartbeat and did a vaginal ultrasound to determine my due date and see the development of the baby. She said I'm fine and just to follow up with my Doctor as soon as I get to Georgia. She is pretty sure I'm due around the middle of December. Dr. Vai will verify the due date when I have another ultrasound in a few weeks. I'm pretty sure I got pregnant on St. Paddy's day; which as an Irish girl I find quite amusing. Norman was filming yesterday and I was unable to reach him so he doesn't know I went to a doctor. I was going to tell him last night but by the time he got back to the hotel I was asleep. I plan on telling him in the morning before he leaves for the set.

Friday April 24, 2015 6am

Jenna's POV

I wake up to the faint buzzing of Norman's alarm going off. I realize that he is snuggled up against my side with his large hand splayed protectively over my belly. I smile as I gaze down at the tanned hand on my pale skin. I nudge him a little and he wakes up quickly, realizing the alarm is going off. He groans and reaches for his phone to turn it off, "Sorry it woke you Jenna. I usually don't sleep through it; I guess I was pretty beat." I stretch a little and assure him, "It's fine Norm. You got in really late and it's early as hell; you poor baby." He kisses my cheek as he traces his fingers around my belly button before replying, "I'll be fine. This is the last day of filming. Mostly just getting shots that Troy didn't like the looks of during the dailies. We have one little scene to completely do but the rest is just re-takes. I should be done around lunch time." I place my small hand over his larger one as I say, "Are you going to sleep with your hand on my belly for the next 7 months?" He chuckles, "Maybe princess. You got a problem with that?" I shake my head, "Nope. It's all good pookie." He laughs, "Good."

He sits up and rubs the sleep out of his eyes. I know he'll be getting into the shower soon so I reach for the book on my nightstand, "Dr. Vai made me an appointment to see a local OBGYN yesterday. I tried to reach you but I couldn't." He looks over at me and asks, "You saw a doctor?" I nod, "Yeah. Dr. Vai wanted to make sure that my symptoms weren't anything to worry about. I'm sorry about not bringing you with me. I did take Maeve though." He sighs, "It's okay. I wish I could have been there but yesterday was crazy on set. It's better that you at least saw the doctor. Is everything okay?" I smile as I reach for my phone, "Yup everything is fine. She gave me some suggestions to counteract my morning sickness and to solve the light-headedness. She checked me out and the baby is fine."