Chapter 7--Was I Dreaming?

Chapter 7—Was I Dreaming?

I wake up in the morning realizing I have draped myself on top of Norman.  My upper half is on top of his chest and my bad leg is thrown across Norm’s thighs.  My dress is hitched up halfway up my thighs.  Norman’s arms are tightly wrapped around my torso.  Nice going Jenna, the nurses must think you’re a real Ho.  Not to mention what Norman will think.  How do I get myself out of this without waking him up?

I try moving a bit and Norman’s arms just tighten around me.  God his arms feel so good.  I give up and let out a sigh.  I feel Norman turn his head and kiss the top of my head.  “Good Morning Babe, did you sleep well?” his voice is sleepy but so sexy. “Best I’ve slept in a long time, thank you for staying,” I mumble into his chest.  “I’ll sleep with you whenever you want, you just have to ask,” he teases.  I laugh and push myself up far enough to kiss his cheek, “I’ll keep that in mind for later.”  I wiggle out of his arms and sit up, “Sorry but I need to get up.”  I grab the crutches and head to the bathroom.  I brush my teeth and run a brush through my hair before I leave the bathroom.  Norman is sitting in the chair waiting his turn.  I tell him there’s an extra toothbrush on the sink and hand him my brush.  He smiles and heads to the bathroom.  I watch him saunter to the bathroom, thinking to myself, I hate watching him go but I sure like watching him leave. 

The orderly delivers breakfast, which is mostly oatmeal and fruit.  I share it with Norman and we both comment that we will be getting decent cup of coffee as soon as they release me.  I tell him that he doesn’t have to feel obligated to stay.  He just smiles and leans over to kiss me.  I guess that means he’s staying, not that I’m complaining.

When they finally come to take me to the MRI it’s almost 10 o’clock.  I’m back within an hour and Norm is still here waiting for me.  He looks so damn sexy sitting in that chair playing with his phone.  He’s got to be playing Candy Crush because he’s concentrating so hard, his tongue is sticking out of his mouth slightly.  He looks up and smiles, “Hey Sweetheart, how did it go?”  I sigh, “Pretty good, the doctor should be around soon to give me the results, then hopefully I can bust outta this joint.”  He chuckles, “It’s a hospital not a prison.”  “humpf, so says the guy who plays a redneck that Ain’t sleeping in no Cage,” I grumble.  He just starts laughing and shaking his head, “You are just too adorable, you know that?”  I just roll my eyes at his remark.

The doctor strolls in at noon and lets me know that the MRI didn’t show any major damage but I need to take it easy so the muscles heal.  I have to keep an eye on the bruising and I’ve been given a prescription for painkillers.  I’m to use the crutches until Saturday night, so my hip has a chance to heal a little before I put my full weight on it.  It’s going to be painful for a while but in time I should make a full recovery.  The doctor signed my release papers and I was free to go.