Chapter 15-- She's A Keeper

Chapter 15-She’s A Keeper

Norman’s POV

I watch her still chewing on her bottom lip.  Her nervous habit drives me insane every time.  I just want to walk over and kiss the shit out of her.  I’m just about to get up when my cell rings.  I look down and it’s Andy.  I wonder what’s up with him.  I smile at Jenna and answer my phone, “Hey man, what’s going on?”  I grab my cigarettes and head to the front porch.  “Not much Reedus, you home?” Andy asks.  “Nope, I’m at a friends,” I reply exhaling the smoke.  Andy laughs into the phone, “Would that friend be the beautiful redhead whose picture you posted on Instagram early this morning?”  I confirm his suspicions and fill him in on Jenna.   

“She sounds nice and she certainly is a looker,” Andy chuckles.  “It sounds like you are completely into this girl.  How old is this one, 30?”  I take another drag off my cigarette and answer him as I exhale, “Naw man, she’s 42 and divorced.  She has 3 kids too.”   Andrew whistles into the phone, “Whoa, not your usual type huh, Reedus?  She definitely doesn’t look her age, that’s for sure.  She could be good for you though.”  I crush out my cigarette butt in the bucket and reply, “She doesn’t look her age and doesn’t act it either.  She’s just as crazy and goofy as I am.  I’m constantly laughing at the things she does and says.  Don’t get me wrong she’s responsible and a good Mom.  Hell, she was in tears today after getting off the phone with her kids.  She misses them like crazy and they won’t be down in Georgia until after school ends in June.  I know exactly how she feels though, I miss Mingus like that.”

“Sounds like you found a female you,” Andy says.  “I can’t wait to meet her and see for myself.  I’m sure we’ll all like her just as much as you.  What does she do for a living?”

 “She starts Monday morning at the Studio, she’s a Wardrobe Assistant.  She’s working under Eulyn,” I tell Andy.   “Well isn’t that some shit!  You’re dating a co-worker!  I guess I’ll meet her soon enough then,” Andy’s laughing now.  I just chuckle back at him, “You’ll either meet her at work or at the Cast party at my place Monday night.  Hey, I’m going to get back to her, she’s making lunch and whatever she’s cooking smells awesome.”  “Bloody Hell! She cooks too?”  Andy shouts in the phone, “You better keep this one Norman.”  I laugh into my cell, “I intend to, don’t you worry about that, Andy.  I’ll talk to you later man.”  He says goodbye, and I end the call.  As I head back into the house I can hear her sweet voice singing, hmm seems she’s a Bon Jovi fan too.  Guess you can take the girl outta Jersey but not the Jersey outta the girl. I smile as I walk in the door humming “Never Say Goodbye”, the tune she is singing.

Jenna’s POV

Norm took the call out on the porch.  It gives me a chance to grate the cheese and assemble the ingredients for the Baked Macaroni and Cheese.  I get everything mixed and into the casserole pan and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the top.  I look out the window and Norm is still on his cell.  I put the Mac & Cheese in the oven and set the timer.  I hop out into the living room and turn on some music.  Bon Jovi comes flooding through the speakers and I can’t help but sing along.  I’m singing the second verse when Norman walks back in the house.  He smiles at me and sits down at the kitchen island.  I go about cleaning up the mess I made in my kitchen and keep on singing.  Normally I wouldn’t sing with others around but it doesn’t bother me when he listens to me sing.  In fact with him around I actually feel more relaxed about it.  Norman just watches me with such a sweet loving look on his face.

The song ends and Blondie’s “Call Me” starts.  Norman grins at me and shakes his head, “I haven’t heard a song in your IPod yet that I don’t have in mine.”  I arch an eyebrow in his direction, “Well what does that say about me?”  He looks at me seriously, “That we’re made for each other.”  He caught me off-guard, “Ummm, you think so?”  He gets up and comes towards me.  Once he reaches where I’m standing, he wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me in for a hug.  He leans over and whispers in my ear, “I do.  They say everyone will find that perfect someone and I think I found her.”  He kisses my cheek and pulls back to look me in the eyes.   My stomach does flip flops as I stare into those gorgeous blue eyes of his.  I want to come up with some witty remark but I can’t find my voice.  Instead I step forward and capture his lips with mine.  My kiss is soft and tender full of unspoken emotion.  There is so much I want to say but this kiss is all I’m ready to admit.  Norman kisses me back pulling me tighter into his embrace.