Chapter 73-- A Late Dinner at Lucien

Chapter 73—A Late Dinner at Lucien

**Chapter contains Adult Content (Come on, you knew it was coming!)

Jenna’s POV

We pull up to the restaurant and I smile as I recognize one of my favorite places to eat in the city, I love this area of the East Village.  Norman takes care of the fare and tip and opens the door, exiting onto the sidewalk.  He puts his hand out and I take it as I get out of the cab.  I look over at him, smiling ear to ear.  He pulls me close against him and softly asks, “Feel like celebrating?”  I kiss his scruffy cheek and whisper, “Absolutely.”  He keeps my hand in his and walks us into Lucien. 

The restaurant is small, only a few tables and a large bar.  I’ve been coming to this place for a few years, whenever I’ve been lucky enough to get into the city.  Their food is fabulous and I always get excellent service, of course becoming friendly with the management over the years, does help with that.  The hostess recognizes Norman immediately and lets him know that the table he reserved is ready.  She walks us back to a quiet corner table, which gives us some privacy.  Norm helps me with my jacket, placing it on the extra chair, then pulling out my chair for me.  Once I’m seated, he leans down to kiss my cheek tenderly.  I look up into his blue eyes and smile; he looks so damn sexy standing over me in his gray sweater paired with a black dress shirt and jeans.  He steps back, pulling out his chair to sit down across from me.  The table is small and intimate, perfect for a romantic dinner.  The hostess lights a couple of candles on the table, smiling at us as she makes her exit.  The candlelight dances off the glittery embellishments on my tank top making it sparkle in the dim light.  He notices and gives me a small smile, “You look fantastic as always.”  I chuckle, “Yeah I’m all sparkly, like a lame vampire.”  He laughs, “Okay, I take it you’re not a Twilight fan.”  I wrinkle my nose as I answer, “Eww, not!  I like Ann Rice’s version of vampires.  Give me “Interview with a Vampire” or “Queen of the Damned” any day over Twilight.  I’m an adult remember?”  He grins, “How could I forget?  Though you act as childish as me most of the time.”  I sigh, “True, I may never fully grow up.”  He leans back in the chair, staring at me intently and replies in an Irish brogue, “I’m strangely comfortable with it.”  I groan, “I’m telling Sean you’re stealing his lines, Norman.”  He chuckles, “I think he’ll forgive me.”

The manager comes to our table to say hello to Norman and realizes who I am.  He greets me warmly, “Jenna, it’s great to see you.  It’s been a while.”  I nod, “Yes it has, Paul.  How have you been?”  He smiles, “I’ve been good, keeping busy as always.  I’m so happy to see two of our favorite guests together.  How did you meet?”  I grin, “We met at work down in Georgia.  We’ve been dating since last spring but this is the first chance we’ve had to get to the city.  It just so happens we both love this place.” 

Paul looks at Norman, “Norman, you’ve found yourself a wonderful girlfriend.  Jenna’s one of our favorite patrons, we look forward to her visits.”  Norman smiles wide as he talks, “How are you Paul?  She is wonderful but she’s no longer my girlfriend, as of a couple of hours ago she became my fiancée.”  Paul turns to me with a huge smile on his face, “That is terrific news!  Thank you for coming here to celebrate.  Let’s see that engagement ring, missy!”  I hold up my hand, showing him the beautiful ring on my left hand.  He nods, liking what he sees, “That is stunning.  It matches you perfectly.”  Paul looks over at Norm, “Since you are celebrating, would you like a bottle of Champagne?  We have several nice bottles.”  Norman looks over at me, not sure of my tastes.  I grin and let him off the hook as I tell him, “Champagne I like, I’m just not a wine drinker.”  He looks up at Paul, “Bring us a nice bottle please.  I trust your judgment Paul.”  Paul nods and tells us, “You two enjoy your evening and be sure to let your server know if you need anything special tonight.  Congratulations to both of you.”  He walks to the bar and then exits into the kitchen.