Chapter 91-- The Bowery After Party

Chapter 91—The Bowery After Party

***Warning Adult Content (Aren’t ya happy as hell?)

Jenna’s POV

I go back to the dressing room with Saul, Matt and the girls.  I grab a towel wiping some of the sweat off me and look over at Cira, “Do I stink?  I was sweating like a pig out there.”  She grins as she leans over to get close to me, “Naw, spray some body spray on yourself and you’ll be fine.  What about me?”  I laugh and tell her to do the same.  I run a comb through my hair and touch up my make-up.  Happy with the results I grab my vanilla berry body spray out of my bag and apply it before turning to the boys, “You guys ready to go out there?”  Saul and Matt have been watching us girls, shaking their heads the whole time.  Saul grins, “Just waiting on you three Diva’s.”  I roll my eyes and give them both the finger as I sass, “Kiss my ass!  I don’t want to stink while I’m hugging people.”  He laughs and walks to me; throwing me over his shoulder and smacking my ass as he walks out of the dressing room.  I playfully yelp, “Put me down fucker!  Stop smacking me!  You’re such an ass; I swear!”  Saul walks back out onto the floor of the Bowery with me still slung over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.  He smacks my ass again, “Stop wiggling so damn much baby girl or else!”  I snort, “Or Else?  Watch it Slash or I’ll get my boyfriend to kick your ass!”  Saul just laughs harder, “I’m not afraid of Daryl Dixon sweetheart.”  I look around and everyone is laughing at the two of us and I mumble, “You should be afraid.  Daryl will kick your ass.” 

Norman is grinning at the two of us as he walks towards us.  Slash grins at Norman as he sets me down, “Here’s your sassy ass redhead Dixon.  See if you can keep her in line.”  Norman laughs and in his best Dixon voice says, “What have I told you about behaving Sunshine?”  I roll my eyes and smirk, “Kiss my ass Dixon!”  We both laugh as Norman pulls me in for a kiss.  As his lips touch mine he says, “I’ll kiss your ass and everything else you own a little later darling.”  I melt as I hear that Dixon voice and his tongue slips inside my mouth.  He kisses me breathless; slowly pulling back as he says, “You kicked ass tonight sweetheart.”  I smile at him and shyly whisper, “Thank you.”  He nods, “Ready to meet some people?”  My eyes flash my nervousness and he takes my hand in his; rubbing his thumb along the back of it as he says, “Don’t worry darling; I won’t let them bite.”  I let Norm pull me into the crowd of people and I do my best to relax.

The next hour is a blur of hugs and people.  Many of my friends and co-workers have come out to see me tonight.  Emily Kinney, Steven Yuen, and Greg Nicotero came to my show as well as Flanery and Maeve.  I’m surprised and humbled at the fact that my friends made sure to be here tonight.  I’m just as surprised that Brett came out from LA to see me.  It was amazing to play a song with him; something I never had enough nerve to do when we were together.  I spend a few minutes talking with Helena and Paul before Norman pulls me away to meet some of his friends. 

I hold Norm’s hand as we cross the crowded room.  He’s leading me towards the rear of the bar area.  As we get closer my eyes focus in the dim light and I recognize someone I never thought I’d meet; Debbie Harry.  Norman pulls me closer as he greets his long-time friend, “Hi Debbie!  I’m so glad you made it tonight.  This is my fiancée, Jenna.”  I put out my hand and she grins as she pulls me in for a hug, “No handshakes hun; you get a hug.  You have an amazing voice and I was very impressed with your version of “Call Me.”  I don’t often give my approval of covers when it’s my own work.”  I pull back from the hug and smile, “Thank you so much.  I had absolutely no idea you would be here.  I sang that song because I honestly love it; never in a million years did I think you’d ever hear it.”  She smiles at me, “Well as far as I’m concerned honey; you can sing it whenever you want.  You have my blessing.”  I blush a little and absently chew on my bottom lip, trying to keep myself together.  Norm notices my nervousness and runs his hand across my back.  His touch relaxes me instantly.  Debbie looks at the two of us and says, “Congratulations on your engagement.”  I nod and Norm says, “Thanks.  We can’t wait to get married this spring.”  Debbie looks at me and back to him as she says, “When I heard you got engaged Norm, I was wondering what kind of girl it was that got you to settle down.  From what I’ve seen so far tonight; I completely understand why you want to marry her.”  Norman leans over and kisses my cheek before replying, “Trust me Deb; she’s everything you saw here tonight and so much more.”  The three of us spend a few more minutes talking before Slash interrupts us to pull me away.