Chapter 7

"The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: May Allah brighten a man who hears a hadith from us, learns it by heart and passes it on to others"

Sunan Abi Dawud 3660.

******************

"Okay from where would I start?" Fadimatuu asked them.

"From anywhere" Zaynab replied her.

Flashback.

One month ago.

It was one rainy Friday afternoon after Friday prayer.

Immediately the rain stopped, Ammi asked me to accompany her to the hospital to visit her friend who put to bed.

I didn't want to accompany her to the hospital, not because I didn't want to visit her friend.

But the smell of the hospitals always make me feel nauseous.

And knowing Ammi if I told her I'm not going, she wouldn't let me, instead she'll scold me and even hit me.

So I had no choice but to accompany her to the hospital.

As we approached towards the gate of Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital.

I saw people rushing into hospitals some in cars, keke napep, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrians.

We came in keke napep to the hospital.

What I love about this hospital was its greenish environment.

They're several trees which calms the environment and make one breath fresh air.

And the earthy smell of the rain which I love the most gives the environment more a feeling.

I remembered when I was a child I used to eat the soil when it rains but Ammi never stopped me when I ate it.

She used to say I better die so that she would live in peace.

But one day when Abba saw me eating the soil he scold me about eating it, so since that day I never ate it.

But I used to put the soil in my hands and smell it.

God there was nothing that smells more nice than the earthy smell of the rain.

If it where left to me I'll stay in this environment filled with trees and feel nature for the rest of my life.

I even imagined myself sitting alone in one corner I saw in the middle of trees, looking at them and probably reading a book.

That's why I am so eager to got admitted into Bayero University Kano because the environment was just like this.