Chapter 60

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: "Every joint of a person must perform a charity each day that the sun rises: to judge justly between two people is a charity. To help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoisting up his belongings onto it, is a charity. And the good word is a charity. And every step that you take towards the prayer is a charity, and removing a harmful object from the road is a charity." [Al-Bukhari] [Muslim]

40 Hadith Nawawi 26

************************

"He is back!" Aaminah told her making all the sleep in Fadimatuu's eyes to vanished, as she quickly sit upright.

"W-who i-is b-back?" Fadimatuu asked dreading to hear Aaminah's answer.

"Adeel, your ex-boyfriend" Aaminah answered.

"What?" Fadimatuu asked shocked by what she heard.

"Yes, Adeel is back," Aaminah told her again.

"But why is he back after all these years?" Fadimatuu wondered.

"That's what asked him too" Aaminah replied.

"Have you met?" Fadimatuu asked her.

"Of course, he came to our house! I don't know how he found our house since it's not our old house, but he came" Aaminah said making Fadimatuu more surprised.

"Tell me in detail what happened," Fadimatuu said.

"It was yesterday night that he came, I was informed that someone is here to see me, I was very shocked when I saw him, I even thought it was his ghost because he was the last person I was expecting to see at our house.

"After we exchange pleasantries I asked him why is he back, he told me that he came back for you, and he's going to fulfil his promise of returning to you and would get married to you. He said he went to your house too, and when he was asked of you the security man told him that you got married and you no longer living in this state.

"He was shocked when he heard that but he didn't believe the security man that's why he came to our house and asked me. He asked me Fadimatuu is it true that you got married or is the security man lying to him?"

"What did you tell him?" Fadimatuu inquired.

"I told him the truth that you got married, and you're living happily with your husband, and also I told him that you love your husband so much," Aaminah replied.

"What did Adeel say?" Fadimatuu asked.

"I can see the pain in his eyes when I told him that, and I know he's hurt, but I can't just lie to him you know. He said are you happy in your marriage? And I told him very happy that you even got back from your honeymoon" Aaminah said.

"You even told him that?" Fadimatuu said lowly.

"What? It's better I told him that so that he would know for sure that you're happily married" Aaminah uttered.

"Yes you're right, but I know he's hurt," Fadimatuu asked concerned.

"What's your business whether he's hurt or not?" Aaminah asked.

"I know he's hurt because of me that I didn't wait for him like I promised I would" Fadimatuu said.

"Who told him not to return early? And even if he still returns early he's not destined to be your husband but Khaleel. And you love Khaleel and you're happy in your marriage so stop thinking of that Adeel I would handle him" Aaminah said.

"That's true I should only think of Khaleel," Fadimatuu said nodding her head like Aaminah is seeing her.

"But I would have to meet Adeel to sort everything out. I know I wronged him and I've to apologise to him." Fadimatuu added.