Chapter 49

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: "Whoever establishes Qiyaam during the Nights of Ramadan Faithfully out of Sincere faith and Hoping to attain Allah's rewards(not for showing off), all his past sins will be forgiven."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 37

******************************

Two weeks have passed since when they returned to Kano. Khaleel had gotten better now, as he can even walk around.

Khaleel came inside their bedroom and saw Fadimatuu curled up in the bed. "What's wrong with you?" He asked worriedly touching her forehead.

"Nothing I'm fine" Fadimatuu groggily said trying to stand up as she winced in pain holding her lower abdomen. She's currently on her period and the pain she's feeling now is unbearable.

"No, you're not fine. Wear your hijab we're going to the hospital" Khaleel told her handing her a hijab.

"It's okay, just give me pain killers I'll be fine" Fadimatuu replied.

"We're going to the hospital, see how much pain you're in," Khaleel said concerned.

"Khaleel it's normal for us women," She said shyly, as she don't know how to tell him she was on her period.

"What?" He asked in thought, then his mouth formed an 'O' shape.

"But still we should go to the hospital because I don't like seeing you in pain," He uttered.

"Just give me pain killers I'll be fine," She told him.

"Okay since you say so" He gave up as he opened the bedside drawer bringing pain killers for her.

He pours water into a cup. "Come take it" He handed the painkillers to her and gave her water. After she take it, he hugged her to his body, patting her back softly.

"How are you feeling now," Khaleel asked her.

"Better" She forced a smile as she was still in pain.

"Maybe I should call Zaynab she would help you better," Khaleel said as he bring his phone.

"No need to call her since you're here with me" She uttered as she hugged him tightly.

"Okay. What can I help you with?" He asked.

"Hot water bottle" She answered.

"What?" He asked, even though he has a sister, he knew nothing about it.

"Maybe you should call Zaynab," She said.

"Okay let me call her," He dialled Zaynab's number on his phone.

"Assalamu alaikum Akhi" Zaynab chirped voice said on the other end of the call.

"Waalaikumussalam. Zainab can you come to our part now, Fatimah needs you?" Khaleel requested.

"What happened? Is she alright? I'll come quickly" Zaynab rambled as she hung up the phone before waiting for his reply.

"She's coming," Khaleel told Fadimatuu and she nod.

After a few minutes, they heard a knock on the door. Khaleel quickly stand up and opened the door.

"Akhi what happened to her?" Zainab asked him when she entered the living room.

"Period cramps" Khaleel mumbled and Zaynab playfully hit him. "And you're not even shy of telling me" She glared at him.

"Enough of talking let's go to her" Khaleel said as they entered their room.

"Your doctor is here. Where are you feeling pain?" Zainab said sitting beside Fadimatuu on the bed?

"You know. Please bring me a hot water bottle" Fadimatuu requested.