Chapter 68

Prophet Muhammad (SAW)  said: "Allah says, 'I have nothing to give but Paradise as a reward to my believer slave, who, if I cause his dear friend (or relative) to die, remains patient (and hopes for Allah's Reward).

Sahih al-Bukhari, 6424

****************************

Days, weeks, and months passed by and Fadimatuu was now nine months pregnant, and the family couldn't be happier as everyone can't wait to meet their bundle of joy, as they said after they lost one of the family members.

It's heartbreaking for the family when they loss Omm three days after they reunited. It has not been easy for them, especially Khaleel and Zaynab who met their mother and only to be separated again. And Mama too as she lost her only sister too, again.

Fadimatuu has been there for Khaleel through it all as he mourns his mother. Though it didn't go easy as he spent months without even talking much if you even see him talking he's talking to his baby in her stomach.

But Alhamdulillah now he has started moving on, though Fadimatuu knew sometimes he was just pretending to be happy.

Fadimatuu understands the pain of losing a mother, she knows it's not easy for him as he didn't spend most of his life with her.

***

They were currently in Kano, as they have come two weeks ago after the nagging of Mama as Khaleel is hell-bent on Fadimatuu giving birth in Abuja, not Kano, as he knows Mama won't let them return to Abuja soon.

Even now he gave a condition that Fadimatuu won't be leaving his sight, as he's sure that Mama can take her away from his part to hers saying she would be taking care of her better.

What does she mean? Is he taking care of her any less?

But what can he do with his Mama, if she wants something he must do it to her that's why he even agreed for them to return to Kano.

***

"Akhi can Fadimatuu please spend the night in my room?" Zaynab asked as she batted her eyelashes at him, the three of them were currently sitting in the living room of Khaleel and Fadimatuu's part.

"Are you crazy? Or am I crazy? Do you think I would let my wife sleep in your room when she was nine months pregnant? No, I won't make that mistake, you better vanished that thought on your mind" Khaleel said glaring at Zaynab.

"You're so mean" Zaynab pouted.

"Habibi please let me sleep in her room, just this one time and nothing would happen I swear" Fadimatuu begged as she entwine their hands.

"Hayatee please don't start, you're not sleeping in her bedroom and that's final," Khaleel said sternly and Fadimatuu knew that was the end of the discussion as he won't change his mind.

"Fine" Fadimatuu mumbled looking away.

"Hayatee you know your happiness means the world to me right and your safety as well. I want you to stay safe and that's by staying by my side as I don't know what my clumsiness sister can do to you" Khaleel explained.

"Akhi" Zaynab whined as he called her clumsy, but he ignored her as he continued talking to his wife.

"So you should please be patient till then, and when you give birth safely you can sleep in her room all you want, I won't forbid you," Khaleel said even though he knew he won't let her sleep in Zaynab's room but to comfort her he has to say so.

"Really?" Fadimatuu said cheekily.

"Yes wifey," Khaleel said kissing her lips.

"You guys are becoming shameless every single day, thank God I'm getting married soon too," Zaynab said as she stand up not ready to see their PDA. She was even surprised now that it was even her shy best friend that was acting this way, but love can make you do anything.