Chapter 23

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: "Marriage is part of my Sunnah, and whoever does not follow my Sunnah has nothing to do with me. Get married, for I will boast of your great numbers before the nations. Whoever has the means, let him get married, and whoever does not, then he should fast for it will diminish his desire."

Sunan Ibn Majah - 1846

Above is the picture of Fadimatuu's wedding gown.

********************

She looked at herself in the mirror fully adorned on her wedding dress, with a makeup on her beautiful face.

She still can't believe that in a few minutes she would be a married woman.

What she's feeling right now, not even one word can describe it. But let's go with anxiety.

The feeling of leaving your own home, where your parents are is ineffable.

She can't believe she's leaving her Father, and Ammi, she would miss her too even though Ammi is not treating her well.

She will miss her home.

Like she should call Abba right now to tell him to cancel the wedding.

Did she make the right choice by agreeing to marry Khaleel? That's the question she kept asking herself.

"Fadimatuu you're officially Mrs Khaleel Siddiqui now" Aaminah come inside her room twirling Fadimatuu around.

Fadimatuu heart did a thud.

Is that it? Is she really married to that egoistic man, does she make the right decision?

She can't believe it.

Just then she heard the yodeling of some women.

She don't know when tears started cascading down her face.

"You're finally my sister in law" Zaynab come in hugging Fadimatuu. "But wait why are you crying?"

Fadimatuu just ducked her head low.

"I know it's tears of joy but please don't ruin your makeup you're looking so beautiful babe like I should take you away. I know for sure Akhi would swoon if he sees you" Zaynab smiled.

Just then Ameerah, Nadia, Sofia, some of her cousins and Zaynab's cousins that came to their house today, started congratulating her.

She just sit down on her bed deep in her thoughts.

In as much as she don't want to think that, she knew, she and Khaleel can never behave as a married couple.

She don't know what she had gotten herself into by agreeing to marry that arrogant man.

"Fadimatuu the Groom and his Friends are here" Sofia came in panting like she had run.

"What?" Fadimatuu don't know when she yelled, they all turned to look at her and she smiled sheepishly at them.

"Yes Neene said we should take you to your Father's living room since they are not people there so that you can see your husband" Sofia informed smiling.

"They are going to take pictures right?" Ameerah asked and Sofia nod.

"Where is Zaynab?" Fadimatuu looked around as she didn't see her here.

"She is with her brother, the moment she heard they came she hurried and go to him" Sofia answered her.

"Okay" Fadimatuu nod.

"Oya let's go" Sofia said getting Fadimatuu up from her bed arranging her wedding gown.

The moment they entered the living room, she sniffed the scent of his Oud perfume.