Chapter 3

The Prophet Muhammad SAW said: "The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur'an will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (angels), and he who recites the Qur'an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have two rewards.

Sahih Bukhari and Muslim.

********************************

Fadimatuu was sleeping peacefully on her bed when sunlight peeked through the curtains directly at her face making her turn to the other side and used a pillow to cover her face.

"Now was the perfect time that the sunlight decided to interrupt my beautiful sleep" Fadimatuu muttered under her breath.

Immediately she remembered Ummi was coming to visit them, with her daughter Ameerah and her son Imran, her face turned into a wide smile.

Ummi is Hajiya Hadiza, her biological mother's younger sister and she has two children.

Ameerah is one year younger than Fadimatuu and Imran is eight years old.

Ummi is staying in Kano State with her wealthy husband and children too.

So that's why she visited Fadimatuu frequently and Fadimatuu also visited her.

She went inside the bathroom to freshen up and when she comes out she heard Ammi yelling her name.

She hurries up and went to her smiling.

"Hey, why are you smiling like a loon?" Ammi asked scrutinizing her face.

Fadimatuu just put her head down.

"Oh, It is because that trash and her children were coming huh?" Ammi said looking at Fadimatuu.

This is not the first time that Ammi is calling Ummi trash

"Yes Ammi, but she is not trash she is my Ummi" Fadimatuu said ready to face Ammi's anger.

"Seriously?" Ammi said clapping her hands and standing up.

"So now you even have the gut to talk back at me right?" Ammi said and at the same time give Fadimatuu a hot slap.

Fadimatuu yelped in pain as her face had completely turned red because of the slap.

Ammi raised her hand to give Fadimatuu another slap when a pair of hands stopped her.

She followed her hands to see who stopped her.

Immediately she saw the person her eyes went wide like saucers and her body started shaking out of fear of the person.

It is Alhaji Muhammad Abubakar who returns home to pick up his bag after he has forgotten to pick it up because he was in a hurry.

When Fadimatuu saw her father she went and engulfed him in a hug crying her eyes out.

Immediately he started consoling his beautiful daughter.

He gave Ammi one deadly look.

"So is this how you are treating my daughter when am not around right?" He said to Ammi, you can detect anger in his voice.

He knew Ammi is treating his daughter poorly but he never imagined that she has started hitting her too.

He needs to keep an eye on her if he doesn't want her to harm his daughter.

"No Alhaji it's not like that, this girl insult me and called me names," She said shedding crocodile tears.

"Abba I swear I never tried to insult Ammi, she is the one that used to insult me every day and even beat me. She called Ummi trash, just because I told her my Ummi is not trash, she slapped me." Fadimatuu depends herself crying profusely.