Chapter 66

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: "When one of you puts on sandals, he should put on his right one first, and when he takes them off, he should take off the left one first; so that the right one should be the first to be put on and the last to be taken off."

Sunan Abi Dawud 4139

*****************************

"Mama please" Khaleel begged through the phone.

"Nothing you'll say would make me change my mind, you're going to Qatar and that's final," Mama said sternly and Khaleel knows she won't change her mind.

"But Mama you know very well that I don't like going there, I don't want to be reminded of her" Khaleel said as he don't want to remember her.

"You're not going there to see her, remember your grandmother is sick and she wants to see her grandchildren before she dies, can't you grant that little wish of hers of going to Qatar?" Mama reasoned.

"Mama, what do you mean by I'm not going there to see her? Don't tell me she's also there?" Khaleel asked as the thought of seeing her there pained him to the core.

"No she's not there" Mama quickly denied.

"Okay, Mama you can go with Zaynab and Muhsin, I'm not going," Khaleel uttered.

"If you don't consider me as your mother then you shouldn't go," Mama said angry and hung up the phone.

"Mama," Khaleel said but when he looked at his phone, he saw she hung up the phone.

Now he won't have any choice but to go to Qatar!

It's not like he doesn't want to see his grandmother but everything there he knows would remind him of his so-called mother he's very sure he'll go back to square one as he doesn't completely forget her.

How can he forget the woman that caused him so much pain? He just can't!

Until now he tried so hard to pretend that he forget her, but the truth is he didn't.

And if he can forget about her he thinks that would be better for him.

Remembering all the pain she caused him made a tear slip from his eyes.

What he experienced when he was a child with his mother is an agonizing thing that he doesn't wish for anyone to encounter.

Everyone, when they were a child, would experience the love of a mother except him. He remembered he always asked his father does his Omm loved him and his father would reply that she does but he didn't see any once of her love for him.

Sometimes he even questioned himself if she was his mother because no mother would treat her child the way she treated him.

But she was his birth mother, and that would never change even though he doesn't have any relation with her now as he claims.

What he prayed now is that she shouldn't be there in Qatar, and he's sure she's not there as since when she left them no one has heard of her for so many years that passed.

He wished she would never return to their lives again.

"Habibi, are you crying?" Fadimatuu asked worriedly rushing to where he is, he didn't even hear her coming into the room.

"No, something got inside my eye" Khaleel lied as he don't want to worry her.

"No, you're crying tell me what is it," Fadimatuu said looking intently at him.

"I'm fine as you can see, don't worry yourself," Khaleel said smiling to hide his pain.

"I have to worry-" Fadimatuu started saying but he cut her off by kissing her lips, she had no choice but to kiss him back, they didn't break the kiss until they were breathless.