Chp 19: Found A Shower

Minho finally said it was time to go back. I went in front this time to see if I really did memorize all the turns. If I pass this I'll be a permanent runner, but for the next few days I'll still be going in with Minho.

I heard Minho's footsteps behind me. It made me nervous to think that he was just looking at me running in front of him. It's weird. Luckily I did remember everything so I didn't have to worry about him getting after me. Or him calling me 'shank' or 'shuck-face.' I don't know why but I like it when he calls me that. If Gally were to call me 'shuck-face' It wouldn't be the same. Because I hate Gally.

We were running through a long corridor that I could see the Glade in the distance.

"How much time do we have?" I asked Minho.
And he checked his watch.

"About 30 min... You have a watch too, Shuck-face." He said from behind me. I stopped running. There was no use, we were close to the glade and we had plenty of time to get there. I had forgotten about my watch.

"Sorry." I tried to even my breathing.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah... Just.... Tired." I said. He smiled.

"You did good. You might just make it." We started walking towards the glade.

"I will make it. I just need to get used to it."

"Good job shank."
I smiled in triumph. We made it back to the glade in one piece. And being a runner seemed great. Except for the 'you might die out there' part.

We went directly to the Map Room.

"Okay just draw what you saw today and put it in it's section. I'll watch you do it." He handed me the paper and the writing utensil. I drew all the turns that I remembered with Minho only correcting me about two times. Today was great.

"So we didn't find anything." I stated.

"Nope. We are just mapping it to see some sort of pattern every night the Maze changes."

"Why do we do now?"

"We rest."

"But I wanna take a shower." I said.

"Then go take a shower."

"Would you come with me?" I asked. I didn't want to be in a shower by myself in a place where there only boys.

"Take a shower with you?!" He asked in a panicky sort of way.

"No! To accompany me." I explained. Why would I take a shower with him, that's gross.

"Why do you need me to accompany you?"

"Because I'm the only girl here and your the only one I trust."

"But... Okay fine." He answered.

-----------------------------------------
Is there showers in the Glade?? I can't remember. If not than I just put some in there....