Chp 35: All My Fault

After Newt left I just stared at Athy. She was so pretty. Her brown hair that fell perfectly on her shoulders even when she was all sweaty and exhausted. God! Why did I do that to her! I hate myself!

When she wakes up I'll apologize and set it all clear. Now I know I may not be right about her and Gally. Gahhhhh I wanted to punch myself in the face!

*** Athy's POV ***

I woke up with a terrible headache. I was in my room the last thing I remember is Minho's voice. I removed the blankets from me and swinged my legs off the bed. It was morning already. Minho was sitting on the floor sleeping. His back against the wall and his head leaning on the side of the bed.

"Minho." I whispered and shook his shoulder. He woke up with a snort.

"Athy. You're awake." He said and wiped some drool off the corner of his mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"uh I was watching over you. Are you okay?" He got up quickly.

"Yeah I just have a headache. What happened?" I asked.

"I was gonna ask you that." He said as he sat next to me on the bed.

"I don't know. I just-I uh I don't know." I stuttered.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"You're sorry?" I asked.

"Yeah. For ignoring you and for not being there for you this past weeks. I'm an idiot." He looked down.

"Are you gonna let me explain now?" I asked.
He nodded. I started explaining.

"Gally just came up to me and we talked but then he leaned in and tried to kiss me but I didn't let him. It just so happened that that was the time that you walked in. The day after, I told him that I hated him and he got angry and told me that I used to be his Girlfriend before we came here. When I rejected him he became even more angry and he went all crazy. Good thing Newt was there." I explained. He looked miserable and now I felt bad for him.

"I'm sorry Athy. I was such an idiot!" He said frustrated.

"Yeah you were." I agreed and smiled weakly. He got up and put his arms over his head.

"Could you forgive me for being a jerk to you and everything else?" He looked at me.

"Of course." I got up. I walked up to him and hugged him tightly. He did the same.

"And I'm sorry for trying to kill myself." I whispered.

"WHAT?!" He let go of the hug.

"What did you do?!" He yelled.

"I was planning on not coming back." I looked down with embarrassment, I acted like a child. I know....

"Is that why you were so late?!" He kept yelling.

"Don't yell my head is pounding!" I said.

"Sorry. What made you change your mind?" He asked.

"Nothing. I left my backpack behind and didn't memorize any turns, I got lost but then the maze started being all weird. The walls started rearranging themselves and turned into a corridor that went straight to the Glade. But I didn't went in. I waited until the doors closed. When it was about to close I lost control of my body. Like someone was controlling me. It forced me to come back in. And that's when I fainted." I explained.

"Why would you do such a thing?!" Minho looked terrified.

"Because I felt super bad with this. I still do. I hate this place. And you ignoring me didn't help at all. You're the only one that I feel comfortable with. And I know, I'm an idiot too, I keep telling you that you act like a kid when I also don't make the most mature decisions. I'm sorry." I sat back on the bed.

"You don't have to apologize. Technically, it's all my fault from the beginning." He sat next to me.

"You're right." I joked. In reality, it wasn't anyone's fault. He still looked really bad. His guilt face didn't make me feel good.

"I'm joking." I playfully punched his arm.