Chp 54: Dead One

The next day was the same. I woke up and went to the gathering.

Every one talked and argued about the girl and Ben attacking Thomas. I only stayed quiet and listened. Some people had good points and others were just plain stupid.

"Athy, does the girl seem familiar to you?" Alby asked me.

"Nope, never seen her in my life. Well not that I remember anyway." I answered. They got back to arguing and muttering things I didn't understand.

"I think it's clear that Benny has to be banished." I suddenly heard. I jumped out of my seat.

"Woah, isn't that a bit too harsh?" I interfered.

"He attacked Tommy." Newt said.

"He got stung." I defended Ben.

"He's dangerous, and we must do something about it." Alby continued.

"Are you seriously doing this? Minho, tell them this is crazy." I looked at Minho for him to back me up.

"I kinda agree with them." He said nervously.

"Are you kidding me?" I responded.

"He got stung. He couldn't control himself." I continued to argue on Ben's behalf.

"That's exactly why she should be gone. He can't control himself. What if he goes and attacks Thomas again. Or you? Or anyone else?" Minho said.

I only shook my head and stormed out of the room. Poor Ben. It's not his fault he got stung.

Later on I found out that I wasn't allowed to go back into the maze. Surprise surprise.

I was beginning to feel lazy. Feeling lazy means I'll over think everything and get depressed. More than usual.

I decided to keep myself busy by helping out around the glade. All I could think about is Ben getting banished.
Before I did I got curious about the girl. The urge of getting another look at her was almost unbearable.

I went towards her room at the homestead and stood by the door. She was laying on the bed. Her chest moving up and down being the only sign that she was alive.

She was really, really pretty. I suddenly felt like a creep for watching her while she was in her endless slumber. But the more I looked at her the more sorry I felt. I wonder if she can hear people around her. Was she going through the same thing I went through? Was Jeff spoon feeding her just as awkward for her? Of course it was. But could she even feel it?

I wanted to go over and shake her until she woke up.

"Athy." Clint said from behind me.

"Yes." I said as I snapped out of my gaze.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm just... Just looking." I looked down embarrassed. God, I'm such a creep.

"You wanna come in. You can poke her if you want." He chuckled. I made a disgust face at him. How could he act like that. She's not a zoo animal.
A zoo? When have i gone to a zoo?
The random thought left as fast as it came.

"How could you say that?" I said defensively.

"Slim it, I was just joking." He said and went inside to sit in a wooden chair next to the bed. I didn't say anything.