Chp 27: Weeks Later...

*** Athy's POV ***

"No, Athy, I am not jealous of Gally." Minho said annoyed.

"Really? Because your expressions said otherwise." I raised an eyebrow. I was upset with him. But not too upset.

"I'm telling you that I am not jealous okay." He walked out.

"Okay." I said to my self. I was sure he is jealous. But I don't care. I'm not into Gally or anything, I found out he can be pretty nice. Though Minho doesn't like it, I will continue to talk to him.

*****************

Weeks passed by. Everything was the same. Except that I was going into the maze alone already. I took another runner's section because he didn't want to go in anymore.

Gally and I became good friends. Although Minho said he didn't care, every time I talked to Gally he changed his tone and his hands turned to fists. but he had to deal with it. There was nothing he could do.

It's been exactly a month that I've been here.

It was morning and I heard a really loud alarm through out the whole Glade.

I went down to look for answers.

I found Newt.

"What the hell is that?!!" I yelled over the noise.

"The Box is coming up." He answered.

My first time witnessing an arrival. I wasn't looking forward to it. It's just frustrating, a new scared person with their memory wiped in a place that they don't know.

I only want to know if it's a girl. Maybe after me they'll just be sending girls from now on.

"Do we have time to see who it is?" I asked Minho who just walked in.

"Yeah sure." He said un interested.

"Someone's grumpy." I whispered to Newt.

"It's opening." Alby announced. I ran to the edge of the box. Gally and Newt opened the box.

I got on my tippy toes to see over the sea of curious guys trying to look into the Box. I pushed some out of the way and got myself in the front row. Newt jumped into it. I could see a tough looking blond boy sitting in a ball. There was horror in every inch of his face. He was at the bridge of crying. Though he didn't look like the guy that would cry. It didn't feel good to see someone like that. Because I know how it felt. I wonder if he'll try to run like I did.

"My name's Newt." He introduced himself as he helped him up. The guy go out of the box and was looking around just as confused as I felt my first day.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"I-I don't know. I just- I can't re-remember." He stuttered. My mind went blank, I couldn't say anything.

"That's fine. Don't try to run though. They'll catch you and put you in the most terrible place ever." I said and I walked away, fighting to move all the Gladers away.

"Wait, what is this place?" I heard him from behind me. Every one was silent, I felt all their eyes on me. I guess that since I was a girl it gave more trust towards me.

"Let Alby tell ya." I said and got out from there. I honestly couldn't answer any if this questions. I wanted to cry. All this brought all those terrible memories of the box back.

"Hey. You okay?" Minho caught up to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I said. I was fighting back tears.

"You look like you're gonna cry." He grabbed my arm and kept me from walking.

"It's just so frustrating!" I let out a frustrated sob.

"It's frustrating not knowing what's going on. Coming up to a strange place where you are forced to fight for your life even thought there is no sign of getting out any time soon." My cheeks felt red and wet with tears. Minho took me into his arms. I buried my face in his chest.

"Are you okay?" I heard Gally's voice.

"She's fine shuck-face! She's with me!" Minho said.

"That's why I'm asking, she's with you!" Gally snapped.

"I would never hurt her!" Minho's arms went from my shoulders to Gally's shirt. He jerked him hard. I just saw Gally's head move back briskly.

"Stop it!" I pushed them apart.

"Can't you guys stay in peace for two seconds! Honestly, it's like babysitting two little kids." I looked at Minho and then at Gally, they were both glaring deadly at each other. I was really getting tired of them fighting all the time. Especially because it's my fault. But it's not I belong to either of them. I can do whatever I want.

I walked away to the map room to get read to go into the Maze.

Once I entered Minho was right behind me.

"You should stay in today." He said.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"To help out with the new Greenie. I think he trusts girls better than shanks. Don't know why though. If I were him, I would be scared of you. I saw what you did to Gally."

"Oh c'mon that was a long time ago. but five minutes ago, if I didn't stop you, you would've break Gally's face in five places. And why do I have to stay. What about my section?" I asked a little worried.

"I'll have Milo run your section for today."

"But I though he quit."

"Look he'll do what I ask him okay. Don't worry about it." I wasn't satisfied with this. But then again in my first day I would've wanted a girl to talk to me instead of guys. I guess I'll talk to him.

"Fine." I sighed.

"It feels weird to stay here now. Milo is not gonna replace me is he?" I laughed.

"Nah. Milo is lazy and a big old scared bag. Unlike you." He smiled.

I just laughed.

"You are really stubborn though." He continued.

"Whaaat, I'm not stubborn." I crossed my arms.

"Alright fine, then you're really annoying." He said casually. I made fake gasp. I guess I was a bit annoying.

"I am not!" I laughed.

"Yeah you were. Always behind me telling me over and over again to make you a runner."

"You're such a jerk." I laughed and fake slapped him and got out from the map room.

***************
I don't remember how/if james described Ben in the book. So I described him how I saw him in the movie...