Chp 45: I'm Sorry

Tonight was the worst night ever. I literally cried myself to sleep. But I won't give Gally the satisfaction. In the morning I'll go down stairs and apologize to Minho for not telling him, not for kissing Gally. If he forgives me than great but if he doesn't I'll move on. It'll break my heart but I can't let Gally get to me.

I got ready quickly and went down the stairs. The first thing I looked for was Gally. As I walked towards him I was deciding wether to punch him in the face, guts or kick him where it's hurts the most. But I opted for a more civilized option, I'll just yell at him.

"You are a complete ass!" I started yelling and everyone turned around.

"Why do you have to crush every good feeling I have!" I continued and Gally got up from his seat. His face was red with a mix of embarrassment and anger.

"I told you what was gonna happen! You hurt me so I hurt you back, we're even!" He yelled back.

"But I didn't mean to hurt you! Your intentions were pure evil." I started to calm down because my throat started to hurt. But I felt angrier than ever.

"Because you're a sad little two timing shank that doesn't know what she wants!" After he said that my anger levels were at its highest. I lost control of what I was doing and I slapped him across the face, harder than I've ever slapped anyone, ever. It was like all my anger build up on my arm. Regardless it felt good to let it out.

"I do know what I want! I want Minho!" I yelled at him and walked away triumphantly. The other Gladers around gasped and then laughed at Gally.

I went to the map room before Alby got after me and tried to put me in the slammer for 'hurting another Glader'.

"Minho can I speak to you?" I asked as I entered the map room. He was crunched over a table on the far end of the room. His back facing the door.

"I uh I can't right now." He sniffed and his voice sounded surprisingly calm. Was he crying?

"But this is important." I insisted. He straighten up and wiped something from his face. My heart fell to ground and shattered go a million pieces, he was crying. I never thought I would see him cry.

"I said that I can't right now." He said sternly and walked out. As he passed me by I caught a glimpse of red puffy eyes. My heart broke even more, if that's even possible. 'I'm so sorry Minho.'

"Wait! Just hear me out." I ran after him. He stopped and turned to look at me. His face was red.

"I'm sorry, I really wanted to tell you but this is exactly why I didn't. I didn't want you to get mad or really really sad. I was afraid. Gally threatened me that he would tell you and I know I should have told you first but I'm an idiot and I didn't, I'm so sorry." I said quickly, I don't think my words made sense but he seemed to understand. Before he said anything, Alby came.

"Athy, I'm sorry but you broke the rule again." He came accompanied by other three Gladers.

"Take..."

"I know I know, take her to the slammer!" I mimicked him in my best impression of a guy's deep voice.

"Right." Alby said and signaled the guys to take me.

"I know where it is." I slapped their hands away and walked to the slammer.

"We'll talk later, Athy." Minho said before I was too far away. That meant he would forgive me. He didn't sound mad anymore.

*** boredom the whole day ***

*** food ***

Newt brought me food and I knew he was gonna stay for the story of me slapping Gally.