Chp 34: Dumb Shank

I have decided that I will update a new chapter as soon as the previous chapter hits 15 votes or more. This way I can have some sort of pattern for updating. Thank you.
-Jess
************************
I went towards my section and waited for the door to open. This whole thing was building up inside me. I couldn't help it. I started crying hard. To the point that I started choking.

The door opened I ran through. I ran and ran. Maybe I shouldn't return. I'll just stay in here and wait for a Griever to find me. Then everything will be over.

My sobs echoed through out the Maze's walls. 'I won't return!' I thought to my self. I was determined to just stay in here. I took off my backpack and left it behind. I didn't pay attention to anything. I didn't memorize any turns or anything. I just ran. Deep into the maze. At least that's how it felt like.

I ran for an hour straight. I saw my watch it wasn't even mid day. I stopped running. What's the point? I just looked closely to the maze walls. Nothing interesting about them.

I saw a bleetleblade flying around. It was watching me. I tried to catch it but it was impossible. That took most of the day.

I walked around talking to myself. When i realized what I was doing I felt like an idiot. I didn't know where I was going.

I checked my watch again. 30 minutes until the walls to close.

Suddenly there was rumbling around in the walls. I stopped dead. I looked around and the walls started moving. I freaked out. Now I wish I was paying attention. I walked back not knowing what to do. The corridors moved. Some created new corridors others just closed. The walls slided to another position. Fear sprout within me.

"Now what am I gonna do?!" I said to no one. I looked every where my eyes going from one place to the other. I was franking out! Finally they all stopped moving any there was only one corridor that went straight to the Glade.

I didn't know what was going in this was so strange. Did the creators did this? Of course! They were watching me! Did they not want me to stay in the Maze?

Joke's on them! I am not moving.

I sat on the ground waiting to see the doors close. And then my life will be over.

I waited an waited. The time seemed to go slower. I checked my watch, 10 minutes til it closed.

I looked into the glade, no one seemed concerned that I wasn't back yet. I kept my distance from the giant gap so no one will see me.

I kept waiting again. 5 minutes. 4 minutes. 3 minutes, 2, one. The walls started to move.

My breath rose faster and so did my heart beat. My hands started shaking. But I didn't move.

Then the weirdest feeling came to me. My body didn't feel like my body. Violently, I got up from the spot when I don't remember trying to make an action like that. I tried to stop my self. The walls were half way closed. My legs started moving. I was running towards the glade but I wasn't controlling myself. This was not my own mind doing this.

I ran in between the walls that almost squished me. And then I fell on my face inside the Gade. What the hell just happened.

My body felt mine again and now I could move at my own acord. I sat up and looked back at the door which was now just another wall. Fear traveled all over my body. I didn't know what to do, just sat there frozen.

My mind started racing with a bunch of ideas that would explain what happened to me. But each one seemed as unlikely as the other. I wondered if it was just my body that decided to live but my mind was still stubborn to die. I don't know. My head now hurt.

Suddenly a pair of arms lifted me up to my feet.

"What the hell did you think you were doing?!" Minho said.

"What?" I said. Nothing was making sense to me right now, everything was spinning. And it looked really blurry. My eyes felt so heavy.

"Where is your back pack?!" Minho yelled. I did understood him but I didn't know what to answer. I was gonna pass out.

"I uh I don't..." I mumbled and my legs gave up and I fell into Minho's arms.

"Woah! Hey! Get a med-jack!" That was the last thing I heard him said before I drifted into involuntarily sleep.

*** Minho's POV ***

Athy collapsed. I quickly caught her before she fell to the ground. What happened to her?

"Woah! Hey! Get a med-jack!" I yelled to someone.

"Athy! Athy! Wake up!" I lightly slapped her cheeks and shook her shoulders. I picked her up and carried her to the homestead. On my way there the med-jack came towards me.

"What happened?" He asked with wide eyes.

"I don't know she just passed out." I said. I carried her up the stairs and into her room. I laid her in her bed.

Jeff, the med-jack, looked over her.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked worriedly. I was angry at her but I didn't want anything to happen to her. I still feel for her. Even though she chose Gally.

"Looks like she just passed out. She is still breathing. Just wait until she wakes I guess." Jeff patted my shoulder and left. Newt came in.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I don't know. I saw her jump inside the glade just as the doors were sealing. Then she passed out." I looked at her. Her eyes closed and her face was really pale. Her chest moving up and down was the only sign that she was alive.

"Hmm she looks bad." Newt said as he inspected her.

"Yeah."

"Not that you would care right?" He looked at me.

"Why? I do care." I said a little hurt.

"But you kept ignoring her. If you cared you would've listened." He scolded me. I don't need anyone getting after me. She is the one that did something to me.

"You say that because you didn't see her with Gally! I was going to tell her that I shucking like her and I found them making kissy faces at eachother! What am I suppose to do?!" I snapped at him.

"Oh don't know, maybe let her explain what happened! She explained it to me the night that Gally went bloody crazy on her. But you wouldn't know that he mistreated her because you were too busy being five years old." He yelled whispered at me. I didn't know what to say. Gally mistreated her?! I should've done something to defend her! I'm a shucking idiot.

"What?" I asked.

"Gally started jerking her around. Luckily I was near by, I stopped him." He sat next to her in the bed. That should've been me defending her! Aghhhh! What's wrong with me?!?!?

"She told you what happened?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Tell me." I said.

"No, you'll have to wait until she wakes up."