Chp 49: not Asleep

*** Minho's POV ***

Watching her suffer was the toughest thing I've had to live through. The whole night she's been shivering and whimpering in her sleep. Ben's screams from the other room didn't quite helped. Athy's forehead dripping with sweat and her face was pale. I don't know whats happening but the creators need to help in some way. Like they send the Griever serum, they should also send something for her. We've lost a lot of Gladers before but Athy doesn't deserve to die, not like this.

I was finally seeing a glimmer of light outside when Athy woke up. she looked kinda better.

she opened her eyes and smiled slightly the out of nowhere threw up on the side of her bed.

"ugh. im sorry." she wiped her mouth.

"its alright." I said disgusted.

"are you feeling better." I asked and sat on the edge of the bed keeping away from the hurl.

"Not really. How is Ben?" she said and closed her eyes. She fell asleep again.

"He's the same." I answered and then got a med-jack to check on her as she slept.

Alby walked in and stod next to me looking Athy.

"she doesn't look good at all." Alby said.

"yeah. Today when the box arrives drop a note to the creators to get something for Athy." I suggested. alby only nodded.

"I'm just as worried about Athy as anyone. Gladers have been asking me about her all morning. specially chuck."

"she's gonna be fine right?" I asked him for hope.

"Yeah. now get ready to Run." he signaled to the door. I wasn't sure I can leave her alone like this.

"I'll have Chuck look over her." Alby recognized my worry. I nodded and went to get ready.

*** Athy's POV ***

the only thing I could tell the med-jack is that I feel like crap. I don't know how I feel.

"I have to get up." I weakly said to Chuck, who was now taking care of me.

"No, you can't. You have to rest." Chuck said.

"There's a new arrival today. I have to."

"The New Greenie hasn't arrived yet. Plus you can't get up, you're sick."

"I'm better now, Chuck. And I have to get away from Ben's shrieking. It's fine." I swing my legs off the bed and got up. Chuck looked hilariously worried. Alby will get after him really bad if he lets me go but I have to get out of here.

"No Alby will kill me if I let you go outside. You're supposed to be resting." He blocked the door to keep me from escaping.

"Chuck, I promise you, I'll be fine. Alby isn't gonna do anything to you."

"Fine but if Alby goes all crazy on me you better defend me!"

I managed to get out of the room. I walked as I held the walls to keep me from falling on my face. When a loud shriek made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It came from a room next to mine.

I knew it was Ben. He's going through the changing. I wouldn't want to see how he looked but my curiousness gave in. I peeked through a crack between the wall and the slightly opened door. And yeah I wish I can erase that image from my head. Alby and Newt were crunching over him doing God knows what to him. Poor Ben.

I finally made it down the stairs where Gally was.

"Why are you out of bed?" Minho's voice came out of nowhere.

"What are you doing here?" I asked weakly. I thought he had gone to the maze.

"I decided not to go in today. I knew you were gonna do whatever you wanted anyway. And you, you're not a good guard." He pointed towards Chuck who was behind me hiding from Minho's glare.

"Leave him alone. I'm the stubborn one."

"Too right you are! Now go back up there."

"I can't stay one more minute here. Ben's screaming has my nerves on point." I was so dizzy I couldn't really tell where I was heading. Next thing I knew I was on the ground.

"Cmon." Minho said and he carried me out of the Homestead.

After about five minutes of him carrying me he laid me down on something soft but hard at the same time. It was a sleeping bag. The same in which he slept in. But now it was placed on the Map Room floor, far in the corner.

"You're gonna be fine." Minho whispered to me as he caressed my hair. He was laying next to me my head on his strong arm. I felt safe again.

Didn't last long because then I slipped into unwanted darkness. I thought I was asleep but I wasn't. I could hear Minho talking to me in a soft voice. I felt my hand on his rising chest as he breathed but I just couldn't respond. Not by talking nor moving. My eyelids felt as if they weighted a ton. I just couldn't open my eyes. I started panicking. I was trapped inside my head without being able to do anything about it.

After a few minutes of attempting to yell for help someone was shaking me. Trying to wake me up.

"Athy?" Minho asked without a hint of worry in his voice. He probably thought I had fallen asleep. Minho! Help me! I yelled in my brain.

"Athy." He called again. I was panicking, impotence flooded my system. Why can't I wake up?! This is probably a dream. It has to be.

Minho though I was sleeping and he left. His absence was making this whole thing worse. What's happening to me.

Eventually, I did fall asleep. After endless a attempts of moving or waking up.

******************
I realized I hadn't mentioned about Ben getting stung and all that on the last chapter. I'm too lazy to go back and put it.

Anyway, this chapter is taking place when Thomas arrives. But Athy isn't gonna be able to witness this because she is in a weird condition I just made up.

The original idea was that in the box there was gonna be some medicine thing(Like the syringes that came up with Teresa in the movie) that would fix Athy but where is the fun that? Hehe

-Jess