Chp 26: A Mystery Box

*** Minho's POV ***

I'm so shucking angry! Why is Athy talking to that shank?! She used to hate him and there was no doubt that he hated her too. What the hell happened?!

I'm sitting across from them and they're all talking and being nice. My face feels hot.

Why do I care? Athy is perfectly free to do whatever she wants.

Shuck it! I don't care anymore. But I do care. I've talked to Athy more than anyone else here.

"The Box came up today." Newt said.

"So?!" I snapped at him.

"Woah. You alright there Minho? You look like a big round tomato." Alby said from beside me.

"Look at them! What are they doing?!" I nodded towards Gally and Athy. Newt turned to look.

"What? You jealous?" Newt laughed.

"No! I'm not jealous." I finally stopped trying to make Gally choke with my eyes.

"Sure you're not." He said sarcastically and looked down at his food.

"What is Athy up to with Gally?" Alby asked me.

"I don't know. I think he likes her." I thought out loud.

"he probably remembers her." Newt suggested. That was a really good point.

"You think?" Alby said.

"What if she's his sister or something?" Newt said.

"Nah. The way he looks at her is the same way frypan looks at his kitchen." Alby suggested.

"Whatever. I'm leaving." I got up to leave but Newt stopped me.

"A box came with our supplies that said, 'for the girl' I left it in her room."

"What's in it?" I asked.

"We need you to find that out." Alby said.

"You're the closest to Athy. We need to know that it's not secret messages from the creators or something." He continued.

"You really think Athy is a part of them?!" I snapped again. Why would they think that.

"Hey we're just trying to make sure." Newt said.

"Fine." I walked away. I waited outside the Homestead for Athy.

When she finally came out she came out with Gally. My head felt hot in an instant. My hands turned to fists.

"Athy I need to talk to you." I said with a straight face.

"Okay. Bye Gally." She waved at him which made my blood boil.

"What's up with you?" She studied my face.

"Nothing. I'll accompany you back to your room." I said.

"But I'm not going to the room yet."

"Why not?"

"Because I need to cleanse myself."

"About that, a box came up and it said it was for you." I put my hands on my pockets.

"Really? What's in it?" She asked a bit excited.

"Were you expecting something or what?"

"What do you mean?" She looked offended. She is smart so she knows what I mean. The other still think that she is with the creators, I've heard shanks whispering around the Glade.