Chp 12: Maze?

The next morning Minho woke me up from a hideous dream about Grievers.

"Greenie! Wake up!" He shouted.

"I'm up!" I shouted back. And I slipped out of the messed up bed.

I looked out of the broken window and it was still dark outside.

"It's not even morning yet!" I said.

"I know but I have to give you your stuff before we go in. C'mon!" He exited the room and I followed still half asleep. We got out from the homestead and into this shabby looking door that lead to a tiny closet full of boxes with shoes.

"Well I don't think we have girl shoes but try one that won't fall out while you run." I tried on like 7 pairs until I found jut the right size.

"Why are girls feet so small." He murmured.

"Well I don't know." I murmured back.

"Here you'll need this for sure." He handed me a wrist watch and I put it on. He handed me a backpack a water bottle and a lunch pack.

"I don't think they'll fit you but just take them." He threw me some shorts an t-shirt to my face.

"Thanks." I said. He held up a pair of some tight looking underwear. Than he looked at me, his eyes moved from top to bottom.

"You won't need these." He threw them back into the closet.
I smiled at him awkwardly and he laughed.

"So is this it?" I asked.

"Nope. You'll also need weapons."

"Ooh weapons. What for?" I said. I got a little excited about weapons for some reason.

"To protect yourself shuck-face!"

"Alrighty!"

"C'mon." He motioned to a trap door on the back if the small room. I followed Minho into the trap door and while I was going down the wooden stairs I missed a step and bumped into Minho's back.

"Watch it Greenie." It's all he said.

"Sorry." I felt a little embarrassed.

Minho turned on a lightbulb by pulling the string. The room got illuminated and now I could see all kinds of dusty weapons. It was kind of amazing.

"Okay pick a couple of knifes, that's all you'll really need. Make sure they're sharp, And hurry because he gotta do some more stuff."

"Okay." I said but I didn't move. Minho stared at me with his arms crossed. I stared back at him.

"Go!" He snapped. And it made me jump.

"Right." I picked the knifes and we got out from the weapon room, I guess that's how it's called.

*** Minho's POV ***

I think I might change my mind about making Athy a Runner. She might be strong but she is clumsy. Plus she is the only girl. She may be needed for something else.

After we got ready to go in the maze I caught Athy playing around with her knife. She was throwing it up and catching it, I was afraid she might catch that sharp part and slice her shuck fingers off.

"Athy!" I yelled at her and she got startled and dropped her knife on the ground.

"Dude, seriously? You can't be playing around with that knife like that." I said. I got worried about her. I didn't want anything to happen to her, she is not going into the maze.

"Sorry." She looked down.

"Doesn't matter, your not going into the Maze." I said and I walked away, I knew she was gonna give me an argument.

"What?! Why?!" I heard her from behind me.

"Hey! Don't walk away!" She grabbed my arm and yanked it back.

"Look, a shucking girl shouldn't go into the Maze."

"Why not! You said it your self, I am good enough to be a runner!"

"Than I was wrong, your not going into the maze."