Chp 44: Grievers

*** Minho's POV ***

These past days Athy has been acting really weird around me. Like she's hiding something. One time she even avoided me the whole shucking day.

But today she can't avoid me and she's forced to talk to me. We'll be going into the maze together from now on. Ben is all trained and ready for Athy's section.

I have determine myself to find out what's going on with her. I went up to her room to wait until she came out.

It felt like a freaking long time before her door opened. She was ready. She was wearing her usual black shorts and a tucked in grey button up shirt.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Uhh for what?" She asked confused.

"We're going in the maze together from now on. Remember?" I got closer to her.

"Oh right. Sorry I've been distracted lately." She shook her head.

"It's fine. Let's go." I took her hand and lead her down the stairs.

We sat down to have breakfast but Athy wouldn't eat. She just stared down at her food.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" I asked her.

"I'm not hungry." She rested her head on her hand.

"You have to eat. Are you sure you're okay?" I put my hand on top of hers. She smiled and nodded. That was all I needed to feel some warmth in me.

The rest of the time Athy ate a little bit. Because I literally made her. But it was for a good reason.

"You ready?" I asked Athy who was next to me as we waited for the door to open.

"Yeah." She said. Her voice sounded weak and sad. It made my heart crack a bit.

The door started opening and she ran in all of the sudden. I followed behind her.
This behind was weird, I didn't enjoy it one bit.

****************

We've been running for two hours and she hasn't said a peep.

"Hey.... Are you.... Gonna talk..... To me.... Today?" I asked in between breaths.

"We're.... Running..... We can't talk..... We'll pass out." She said in between breaths too. I just stopped talking until lunch.

I sat eating my sandwich staring at her. She was sitting on the ground across from me. Eating and looking down, avoiding my eyes.

"Athy I really need you to tell me what's wrong." I blurted out. She looked up and tried to smile but I knew it was fake.

"Nothing's wrong." She said. I could see right through that. She was lying!

"Oh c'mon. You're lying, I know it. Just tell me." I scooted closer to her. She sighed and her face was straight.

"There's something that I've been meaning to tell you but I never had the guts to do it." She paused. I knew there's was something wrong. Whatever is happening to her we can deal with it together. Unless is something about Gally. If it is I'll throw him off the Cliff.

"I uh..." She continued but she stopped and looked passed me. In the direction of the walls a few yards away from us.

"What?" I asked.

"The walls are moving." She said and stood up.
I quickly turned around and she was right. The walls were moving apart slowly.

"What's going on?" She asked. I stood next to her now.