"Viola!!!" Adelaide cheered wrapping her arms around her friend who smiled and returned the hug. "Hello Addie! Oh how I've missed you! How was your holiday?" Adelaide took a seat, squishing further into the window to make room for the two. "It was beautiful Vi, truly, we must go to Greece next year together." Viola nodded her head vigorously in agreement.

 "Hello to you too dear cousin, I'm doing fine thanks for asking." Flint sarcastically smiled. Adelaide rolled her eyes, "oh hush, stop acting like I didn't just see you last week." 

The group began chatting lightly, waiting for the rest of the students to board the train. A poor Hufflepuff turned blindly into the compartment, raising his eyes up to see what was most likely his worst nightmare. His face paled as the group glared at the boy in silence. Adelaide grimaced and gave the boy a sympathetic smile. The student backed out quickly and ran down the train. 

Ignoring the incredibly tense moment, Draco turned to Adelaide, "How's your Mum with Sirius Black escaping." Marcus Flint shot Draco a look that could kill, kicking his shin. "Ow, Flint what the hell was that for?" 

Adelaide's insides grew cold and she nervously reached for her cat to start petting her head. "Uhm, she's been on edge to be completely honest. No one has really been allowed to talk about it since he was...you know-" 'a blood traitor' she thought but couldn't bring herself to say. Her silence was acknowledged by the rest of the group, they knew what she meant. 

Everyone shifted at the awkward silence, but it was broken when the train came to a grinding stop, the lights flashed off and the temperature dropped significantly. "What the-.." Crabbe mumbled. The confusion settled deeply amongst the group which was disrupted when the train violently shook as if a bull had run into the side of their compartment. "Bloody Hell!" Draco cried his eyes wide with fear. 

The compartment doors ripped open making the group scream in fear. "Pathetic excuse for Slytherins." her brother Philip came in shaking his head in disappointment at the future Death Eaters, quaking in fear in the dark. "Addie, come with me." Adelaide quickly grabbed her brother's arm comforted at how calm he was. He dragged her to his compartment with a bunch of seventh year Slytherins, who also shared the same unphased expression. She knew, with the exception of her brother who truly wasn't concerned, that they were just as terrified as her group of friends they just had more experience hiding their fear. 

Adelaide stood awkwardly in the middle of the compartment, not having a place to sit and confused as to why she was there. Adelaide raised her hands at her brother for an explanation for dragging her to his compartment. "well are you going to stand there or sit down?" he sneered pointing towards the floor. His friends snickered as the girl sat on the floor in embarrassment. He shot them a glare, silencing their chuckles. "Dementors are checking the train for our Uncle, nasty creatures if you ask me, but I didn't want you to be frightened."

 Adelaide's expression softened as she realized her brother brought her in to make sure she was safe. He had a cold front, but she could tell he truly cared for his little sister and would protect her at all costs. Her teeth chattered in the cold compartment, his friends continuing to talk about quidditch during all the commotion. 

A bright light flashed in the corner of Adelaide's eye. Unable to see where the light came from, she tried to peak around the corner, and saw the dark cloaked figure retreating from the bright, dazzling light and finally leaving the compartment and exiting the train. She could see someone collapse onto the ground and with further inspection recognized the boy as Harry Potter. The lights turned on and the temperature raised significantly.

Her brother quickly glanced up at the lights and returned to reading his newspaper nonchalantly as if nothing happened. A few moments later a rugged looking man walked past their compartment. He look ghastly, pacing down the walkway with pale skin, deep scars across his face, and scraggly hair. 

The train started to move again and Philip gazed over his newspaper scoffing, "Are you going to go back to your compartment or sit on the floor for the rest of the ride?" His sweet brotherly moment was over and he was back to his usual harsh self. She grumbled as she got up and returned to her compartment, her friends looking at her for an explanation. "You'll never believe what I just saw. A dementor boarded the train and it entered Harry Potter's compartment!" the Slytherins leaned forward in anticipation and curiosity, "This rough looking man sent the haunting thing away and it looked like Potter fainted shortly afterwards." The group burst into fits of laughter. "Wait, he actually FAINTED??" Draco roared busting into a cackling howl. 

Tears were flowing down their faces in uncontrollable laughter and Adelaide stood there in horror at their reaction. They didn't even ask if the boy was alright.