Chapter 32 ~ Truth

Start from the beginning

In the pant's along with my phone I found a picture of Niall and I last night in bed. I flipped it over and read the back aloud in a low voice.

"First and last clue. You hate this place because of me, I locked up there when you were three, you got down by yelling for Pete." I thought for a second before running out of the room and to Niall.

"Niall do you have an attic?" I asked quickly. He nodded with furrowed eyebrows.

"Show me where and quick." I demanded. He nodded and ran up the stairs and pulled down a latter. It was literally in the middle of the hallway.

"He knows I fucking hate attics. That bitch." I told myself as I started to climb the latter. I dropped the picture down the latter as I climbed.

Once through the small hole I was fully in. I looked around the dark room. It had a handful of boxes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark lump.

"Max!" I yelled as I ran over to it. Thank god I was right. His wrists were tied to a chair by ropes, his feet were bound to the chair by tape and he had tape over his mouth.

"Niall help me!" I yelled down to him. I started to untie one of the ropes on his wrists.

I turned and saw Niall at the edge of the hole, his face pale.

"Shit that's right, claustrophobic. Go back down there and get the car ready please." I said. He nodded and headed down the stairs.

I turned to Max, he had his head to the side a bit as if he had tried looking at Niall. I watched as he slowly turned his hand over and gave me a thumbs up. I untied that rope and threw it to the side. I ripped the tape off of his feet and quickly tore the tape off of his mouth.

"Blonde? Wow." Max said in a weak voice. I shook my head and pulled him up, making sure that he could stand.

"We need to take you to the hospital." I said. Max shook his head as he leaned against me.

"No, they took me before leaving me here last night. I have a couple broken ribs and my left arm is dislocated." He explained. I nodded as I looked down at the floor below.

Niall appeared and looks up at me. I smiled but he didn't do the same.

"Help me get him down please." I pleaded. He nodded and held out his arms as he waited for Max to come down.

Slowly letting go of my arms and stepping down the latter, Max went down. I looked at his wrist and read the hospital bracelet, he was telling the truth. They really had taken him to the hospital.

Once Max was down I climbed down too. Niall was helping Max to the guest bedroom. I pulled the sleeves down over my palms and walked over to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

I hurried back to the room and popped my head into it.

"I brought you some water Max." Niall looked over at me, I couldn't tell if he was mad or what. Max took the water and downed the whole glass before taking a new breathe.

"Do you want anything? Food maybe." I asked, rubbing my arms nervously. He smiled and nodded weakly.

"Yeah, McDonalds. Please." I nodded and headed towards Niall's room to put pants on and possibly a shirt. Once on the room I grabbed my pants and realized my phone was gone. I frantically searched for it, only minutes later did I find it on the bed. I sighed as I sat with the device in my hands.

Niall walked through the door, making me get up from the bed and grabbing my pants again.

"Can I borrow a shirt?" I asked as I slipped on the pants.