| 60 |

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 | Peace and Quiet, the life of a retired goddess

FREYJA Leto was a feared goddess.

She had fought in two wars, helped to kill Kronos, walked through Tartarus and helped to reshape Olympus. She'd given up her Greek powers to resurrect her boyfriend, along with completing multiple quests, guarding and saving young children and helping others navigate their own path.

She'd done all of this, before eventually retiring at 24 with enough traumatic memories to send even the most seasoned war veterans to madness.

The gods had finally allowed her a break, leaving the young goddess to disappear from the face of the earth with Luke Castellan and that had been the last they'd heard of her, which was something that Freyja cherished. She liked being alone.

The time away was well needed and Luke and Freyja finally took that time to be a normal couple. They had no oaths, no threats and no fears being held over their head. The pair were finally able to relax in each other's presence and they were most than happy for it. They hadn't been able to do this since they were fifteen and at Camp Half-Blood.

After the first year, Luke proposed again with May's ring, in their kitchen. He knew that they now had eternity together, but he wanted to make this special. Luke wanted something that his parents never had;

Love, and a healthy marriage with the woman he loved.

He didn't want Zeus to be able to come between them and break them apart again, not when Hera would now hold their wedding vow as sacred. Freyja had been cooking, but she'd paused, turning to look at Luke with wide eyes as he spoke.

"I don't want to lose you ever again." Luke had grinned at that statement, though it was only to mask the hurt that the past years had caused him. "You're my person. You're it for me and I want to make it official that we are able to be together for all eternity."

"Are you asking me to marry you?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Luke nodded. "You don't need to take my last name, anything, but I just want to know that I'm married to you."

Freyja had nodded, slightly stunned at the thought, before throwing her arms around her boyfriend (now fiance) and kissing him. Luke had grinned at that, squeezing her close.

They had been married five months later, in the town that they lived in, in rural Norway. It wasn't the cabin that they had previously been in, instead this house inside of the town, with a large enough garden and a field further out so that Mirage could retire. Freyja wouldn't leave her pegasi behind. Over the year they'd become a staple in the community, so a lot of their friends were invited to the wedding. 

But, no one from America was.

Freyja and Luke both knew that the demigods couldn't come, and had also heard some things about what was going on in the US and had decided not to become a part of it. They couldn't go through that again, not when they were now so happy away from all of it.