| 10 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 | Freyja meets her uncle who happens to be ten years younger than she is, and living at a camp that she didn't know existed.

RETURNING back to her mother's temple did not result in Freyja entering a war zone, like she thought she might. Her parents had, finally, stopped fighting, both lounging on couches and drinking whilst they talked in hushed tones. 

"How was your meeting?"

"How are you two both still alive?" Freyja asked in response.

"Loki stabbed me,"

"She turned me into a jackalope for ten minutes," Loki pointed back at Artemis, throwing her under the bus in the process, as Freyja just contemplated why she couldn't have nice, normal, non-overdramatic parents. "So, what did Hera want?"

"I'm supposed to go to the Roman camp?"

"There's a Roman camp?" Loki turned back to Artemis, who was ignoring the pointed look sent her way. "Could you not tell me this?"

"I did!"

"When?"

Freyja sighed as they got into another argument, grabbing her pack from the floor and pulling it on, before waving a goodbye to her arguing parents, and heading for the door. Closing the door softly behind her, she whistled and waited at the edge of Olympus for Mirage to show up.

Her pegasi appeared, snorting as he fluttered his wings and stamped his hoof. His grey fur was flecked with snow and ice from the December cold, and the pegasi had to shake to get rid of it every now and then.

"Mirage, sorry for the late call," Freyja vaulted onto his back, doing a final check over of her stuff. "We need to go to San Francisco."

The pegasus snorted, laughing, as Freyja rolled her eyes and patted the horse's neck.

"Come on. If we're fast, I'll get you sugar cubes," Mirage flapped his wings, before diving off the side of Olympus. Freyja flattened herself to his back, closing her eyes, trusting that Mirage wouldn't kill the both of them. He would keep her safe until they reached San Francisco.

☾☼☽

Freyja was starting to believe that her grandmother hated her. The entrance to the camp was a service tunnel, in the middle of a highway, guarded by two soldiers dressed in full armour. Mirage snorted with laughter again, before walking off as Freyja turned to glare at her horse.