| 51 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 | Freyja waits for a miracle, or maybe a bit of magic

FREYJA Leto hunkered down further into her hollow, her bow resting on top of the log ahead of her

FREYJA Leto hunkered down further into her hollow, her bow resting on top of the log ahead of her. Snow had settled on the ground now, having broken through the thick tree line above her head hours earlier, but still, the cold had not hit the young goddess.

She didn't really feel much anyway.

A sound hit her ears, and quickly, the goddess was peering over the log, her eyes narrowed as she struggled to discern where it came from. Something moved, and Freyja's eyes followed it, before she reached for her bow and notched an arrow. Bringing it back to her cheek, she took a deep breath, before opening her eyes once more.

But, instead of the rabbit, she could see Luke watching her, and she scrambled back, throwing the bow away. 

"No." She mumbled the word over and over, before reaching up to bury her head in her hands and rub at her eyes. "No, no, no."

Looking up again, there was nothing in front of her. There was no rabbit, and no phantom version of Luke. There was nothing.

"Fuck." The mortal curse word was the only thing that came to mind as she dragged a hand down her face and turned. She couldn't do this. She couldn't kill.

It had been months since she had last killed anything, that being her boyfriend, Luke Castellan, and ever since then she had felt no draw to pick up her sword, or her bow and especially not her dagger. 

When Loki had found her in Los Angeles, the pair had travelled back to Asgard so that Freyja was able to grieve properly, surrounded by her family and those who cared about her. It had been vital to prevent the young goddess from fading after leaving the Parthenon, killing her boyfriend and losing near to all of her friends.

A few months later, Loki had lead Freyja to a cabin in the woods of Norway, on Asgard's ancient lands, allowing her some separate time to grieve. He had trusted that she would be safe alone, but so far, she'd been unable to hunt food and reliant on the local town for any provisions. It was quite terrible that she had been reduced to this.

Freyja arrived back at the cabin, opening the door quietly and throwing her bow and quiver of arrows to the side. They clattered as they hit the ground, but Freyja was too annoyed to care. She was a goddess, yet this had been affecting her for months now, even with the development.

"Stupid bow." Freyja glared at it from the corner of her eyes, before standing on her tiptoes to reach her emergency supplies of instant noodles. The kettle was on, and the hot water poured in, leaving Freyja alone to wait for three minutes until it was ready.

In that time, she took a moment to shake off the snow that was covering her shoulders, hanging her jacket close to the fire in the corner of the room. The warmth covered her cold muscles, her skin slowly fading back to it's normal colour instead of being tinged blue. 

In the background, a radio blared quietly, occasionally the presenters stopping the songs to talk to each other in Norwegian. Freyja half-listened, but barely computed it, staring around her small home and sighing.

When she was at camp, and had been asked what her future home would look like, this had always been what she had imagined. It was a log cabin, a large fireplace in one corner, whilst the kitchen and living room merged into one. Down the hall were two rooms, and a bathroom. The windows overlooked pine forests, that were at the moment covered with late January snow.

It was everything she could dream of, but she didn't want it in the circumstances that she got it in. However, she knew that she would do the least damage here. There was no one for her to keep secrets from, no one for her to lie to. 

A timer beeped behind her, and Freyja turned, grabbing onto the noodles and beginning to slurp them down. They were hot, almost scalding, and she immediately regretted her decision, panting as the heat burnt her tongue. But still, once the pain died, Freyja did it again.

She chomped, panting and huffing until she had demolished the entire packet, before sitting back on the counter top and scrunching her nose. Sighing, she let her eyes fall closed, the radio playing in her ears, before another sound reached her ears.

She paused, eyes half opening as she heard a thud. All thoughts of boredom left her mind, and she reached for Epilogue (even though she knew that she wouldn't be able to use it). The sword was a familiar weight in her hand as she treaded carefully through the halls of her home, checking the rooms as she went.

She reached the last one, which still had the door closed, before carefully opening it slowly. The hinges didn't squeak, and Freyja gripped Epilogue tighter, seeing that there was no one in there, but the bed was messed up.

Her eyes went wide, before she brought up at the same time as another sound hit her ears. When she turned, she found someone else standing behind the door, a sword aimed at her throat again.

Looking up from the sword, Freyja's eyes followed tanned arms up to the face of the person attacking her.

"What-?" The man's voice sounded hoarse, as if he hadn't had water in a while, and Freyja's eyes went wide. 

Looking back at her, with wide eyes and a scared look on his face, was Luke Castellan. 

Hiya,

Hehehehehe. This is gonna be so much fun, you have no idea. Slightly shorter chapter and a cliffhanger because why ever not. Have fun!

Also, shoutout to EmmyDiggory for this meme for the last part of the book.

If you want to send me memes, please do. My tumblr is @imaginebooks42 and I will love you forever.

Question of the Day ; What godly power would you like the most?

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx