| 9 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 |The true meaning of boredom is defined

IF there was one thing in the world that Freyja despised more than social occasions and small talk, it was solstice meetings. In all honesty, she had no idea why she needed to be there and her mother's answer of 'work experience' was not satisfactory any more. Freyja was thirteen, she could handle not going to a meeting of older gods arguing with each other.

Summer had come and gone in camp quicker than you could snap your fingers, people coming and going with the time. Freyja had found out that dating someone wasn't as hard work as she expected (as long as Luke didn't ask her to tell him her emotions, she was in the clear). Now, coming up to the end of December, she was finally settling into a rhythm with him.

That didn't mean telling Annabeth or the others was a pleasant experience. Luke had confiscated all projectiles she was carrying so that she didn't take Layla's eye out when the girl started to tease her. 

If he was going to make her suffer, why couldn't he at least make it fun?

"Oi, Bubbles," Freyja turned at the call of her nickname, a small smile replacing her scowl as Luke jogged towards her. "Where are you off to?"

"New York,"

"Sorry, New York, on your own?" Luke cocked an eyebrow. "How did you convince Chiron that was a good idea?"

"I asked," She rolled her eyes, before checking her watch. "I got to go. See you in like four days."

Freyja walked off, as Luke processed her words.

"Hang on, four days?" Freyja spun around, before nodding her head.

"Yeah, bye," Luke laughed, before jogging over to press a kiss to her head. 

"Alright, fine, be mysterious then," He rolled his eyes as Freyja shrugged. "I'll see you soon."

"Four days isn't soon," Freyja deadpanned as Luke laughed.

"Figure of speech, Bubbles!" He walked away before Freyja could respond, causing the girl to frown and scratch her head as she tried to work out why 'see you soon' was a figure of speech when she wouldn't be at camp for an extended period of time.

Skidding down the snowy hill, Freyja huffed and padded down the road until Half-Blood hill was no longer in view. She didn't particularly want any prying eyes watching her transform into her godly form and ascend to Olympus, because she feared her mother might have her head.