| 14 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Luke decides that Freyja just likes beating him in fights, which he finds rude

"OW!" Luke hissed, as he fell down on to the sand of the training arena, groaning as he rubbed his back. Freyja stood above him, smiling as she pointed her sword at his throat. In every fight, she never truly started to laugh until she had won truly.

"I win."

"Yeah, I know that Bubbles." Luke groaned, before accepting the hand that Freyja held out for him as she pulled him up and off the ground.

It was a warm day in April, and Luke was trying to get more practice in with Freyja. He was fighting a lot better than he had when he first arrived at camp near to three years ago, but he still couldn't beat Freyja.

"Do you think, that at least once, you could let me win?" Luke brushed the sand from his shorts as he looked at his girlfriend. She pulled a face, before shaking her head. "Why?"

"You won't improve if I let you win."

"You're terrible for morale."

"Thank you." Freyja smiled. "It's why Chiron never lets me do any teaching."

Luke scowled, prodding Freyja in the stomach as he walked over towards his gear sitting by the side of the arena. Freyja laughed at his pout, putting both of their training swords back onto the rack as she unbuckled her armour and pulled it over her head. Luke had yet to get a sword, and Freyja was worried that if she trained with Epilogue, she might break a training sword again and Chiron would have her head for that.

"You do have to admit. It was kind of funny." Freyja wrapped her arms around her boyfriend, pressing a kiss to his jaw as Luke finally relented and smiled. "Plus, you're face was hilarious."

Growling, Luke spun around and pulled Freyja over his shoulders, as if she was a sack of potatoes, walking towards the cabins so that both of them could then go and eat dinner. He jumped up and down every so often as Freyja began to laugh, even though his shoulder was digging into her stomach.

Placing their bags inside the Poseidon cabin, Luke finally let Freyja down due to her continued complaining about all of the blood rushing to her head.

"Just say you're sorry for never letting me win, and we can go to dinner, peacefully." Freyja continued to shake her head as she laughed at the blond man, who had grown increasingly taller in the last two years. Freyja, much to her horror, had not grown at all meaning she looked even smaller next to Luke, who now towered over nearly everyone at 6ft 3.

"Ke, you're a senior councillor now. You've got to be able to deal with disappointment." Freyja batted his hands away, before sprinting for the door as fast as she could. 

"Bubbles! You can't run from this. Get back!" Luke was chasing after her now, both of them running towards the pavilion as Freyja continued to outrun him. She knew that using her godly abilities to increase her speed could be seen as cheating, but it was the only way to win against Luke.

Reaching the pavilion, Freyja dodged Layla and ran for her own table, sitting down as she caught sight of Luke's scowl. Layla had managed to grab him as soon as he had run in, with Connor and Travis' help, so he couldn't reach her anymore. She smiled, tipping some food into the flames as she prayed to her parents for a good few weeks at camp. 

Freyja was excited, because this month, she'd finally be heading back up to Asgard to see the Norse side of her family. She hadn't been there in months, due to issues with the Parthenon and Artemis and Apollo both insisting that she stay at camp for a little while longer as they got their bearings once more.

This had lead to Freyja, once again, questioning why any of the older gods thought that it would be a good idea to keep secrets and lie to the goddess of it. It was starting to get on her nerves.

The camp had grown in size over the two years, monster attacks having become more and more frequent. They'd lost a few of their older campers as a result of it, but new demigods kept pouring in every day. A lot of them remained unclaimed in the Hermes cabin, which was growing close to overfilling, something both Luke and Layla had told her about. Layla was growing worried that it would mean some of them would have to either leave the cabin, and stay elsewhere, or leave camp completely.

Zac was still head of the Athena cabin, having been the head of it for the past four years, and was coming up to his eighteenth birthday. Freyja was pretty sure that he had a crush on Layla, but it wasn't her place to say, so she never did.

Layla had turned eighteen two months back, and was almost ready to head out into the world to try and survive it on her own. It was a scary thought for Freyja, as she knew that the odds of a demigod surviving to adulthood was slim. She had come to care for the woman, unknowingly, and didn't truly want her to leave.

The only thing that hadn't truly changed was the younger children. They all were the same, innocent and slightly troublesome, small gremlins that Freyja had first met when she came to camp. That was relieving for the girl.

Growing older and death and all of that sort of stuff, wasn't something that Freyja had really ever had to think about and process as both her parents were gods. Now, with being friends with mortals and growing attached to them, it was making her more and more scared.

Annabeth, who was growing closer and closer to Freyja's height, had become far more confident using a dagger, with the help of Layla. Freyja was sure that, given time, Annabeth would be a force to be reckoned with. Charlie, on the other hand, was well on his way to becoming one of the best blacksmiths at camp. The things he created were amazing and far more complex that anything Freyja had seen.

Connor and Travis were still Connor and Travis. They had become slightly more mature, though not by much, and just like their brother, they'd grown taller than her. Freyja despised that. Their pranks were improving in complexity, and they'd evolved from needing Freyja's help and were working perfectly fine on their own.

Hiya,

It's here and yeah. There's been a two year time skip and stuff is gonna start happening.

Question of the Day : What would be your dream job?

Also, thoughts on dc, I'm wondering whether to write a Jason Todd fanfic?

Lots of love

Lixx