| 46 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 | Immortality is a curse and a burden that Freyja struggles to control

FREYJA'S legs burnt as she ran at the front of the pack, leading the Hunters deeper into Manhattan and towards the demigod meeting place. Thalia was still the lieutenant, with the overall power, but Freyja was standing in for her mother whilst the goddess went to battle Typhon with the other gods.

"Are we almost there?" Layla had run up on the other side of her, both of them being taller than the younger girls and thus, slightly faster.

"Two more blocks." Freyja said, before shouting the same thing back to the other hunters, who were making sure that their timber wolves and hunting eagles were all still with them.

The past year had been busy for all the girls, as they had been hunting monsters, finding new recruits and trying to slow Kronos' progress as much as possible. Whilst it had worked, they hadn't managed to slow him down significantly.

"Hang on, Percy, you forgot the Lincoln tunnel." One of the campers called, as the Hunters appeared around the corner to see a decent sized group of demigods.

"I think you can leave that to us." Thalia called, a grin on her face as she stood next to Freyja at the front of the group. "Hunters of Artemis reporting for duty."

"Long time no see." Freyja smiled, as Layla waited by her side once more. They were both decked out in the traditional Hunters gear, though they kept their original armour on underneath, bows slung over their shoulders.

"Thalia!" Annabeth called, before her eyes fell on Freyja. "Freyja!"

Connor and Travis joined the younger girls side, grinning at their two closest friends. Thalia nodded, beaming, as they disentangled their selves from the timber wolves that were milling around, making their way over to the demigods.

Annabeth broke from the others, before quickly throwing her arms around Freyja, clutching onto her tightly as she muttered apologies.

"Nothing to apologise for, Annie. I should tell you sorry as well." Freyja tightened her grip on the girl. "I shouldn't have snapped at you."

The girl nodded, before turning to throw her arms around Thalia as Freyja approached Percy, her eyes narrowed.

"You went and got the curse of Achilles, did you not?"

"How did you...?" Percy looked up at her in confusion, but Freyja offered no answers. "Thanks for the birthday gift, by the way."

"That's alright. Did you like it?" Percy nodded, showing her where the dagger was now strapped to the side of his belt. "Great, I'm glad you do. So, what's happening then?"

"Kronos is going to invade Manhattan. We've got to cover all the bridges and tunnels." Percy explained to his sister, who nodded.

"Okay, I'll come with you then, help with rivers. I have been waiting to fight by your side." She grinned at the sentiment, before turning to look at Layla, who came over to wrap an arm around Freyja's shoulders.