| 29 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | Family drama for both Freyja and Percy

FREYJA was not a patient goddess. After having learnt about Kronos and his plan to destroy the gods, something that seemed vaguely similar to the words of the prophecy that Freyja had discovered six years earlier, he patience was even worse.

"Frey," Layla placed a hand on her shoulder as the elevator shot up the Empire State building. It had taken one look from the three battle worn demigods for the concierge to hand over the elevator key. "You're no use if you're like this. Calm down."

"I am calm." Freyja growled, her eyebrows furrowed together as she thought of what she was going to say.

Layla had Iris messaged Connor and Travis last night, to tell them that she would be coming back to camp as soon as she could, having just heard of the situation. Freyja had sat out of view of the IM, smiling as she listened in to their voices though it hurt. She missed them so much and Luke.

She really missed Luke.

"So, what are you going to say?" Zac asked, his arm around Layla's waist as Freyja shrugged.

"That, regardless of my punishment, I need to go back and help out." Freyja listed off on her fingers. "They shouldn't have kept any of us out of the loop, especially if it's as serious as we think it might be, and full use of powers to help in the fight."

"They're going to reject that last one." Layla shrugged as Freyja shot her a glare. "Come on. They've been incredibly stingy about you using any of your godly powers, even the minor parts of it, what makes you think that they'll let you expose yourself like that?"

"I can hope."

"Yeah, and I can also hope that I'm not butchered for making everyone think that you're dead." Layla muttered. "Gods, Luke is going to kill me."

"On the positive side, maybe they'll give you an Oscar because it was a hell of a performance." Zac began to laugh, in turn causing the women to laugh as well.

The elevator doors opened once more, and the trio stepped out onto Olympus, looking around at the war preparations. Everything was colder and less like the Olympus that Freyja had grown up on. She patted the pack on her leg, wondering what her mother would say.

They hadn't spoken since she had been banished, and even then, Artemis had basically told her that she was incredibly disappointed in her for breaking an oath. 

"Stars above." Freyja muttered, before leading Zac and Layla to the main council room, where lighting was already sparking above it. "It might be best if you two wait outside whilst I handle this. It has the possibility to go terribly wrong."

"Good luck."

"Stay calm." Layla reminded. "Don't get angry."

"I'll try not to." Freyja muttered, before stalking away from them to push open the main council doors. The hinges groaned, as Freyja took a deep breath, her eyes falling on her family. She expected something, maybe a small smile or a wink, but they looked at her like she should have been dead.