| 21 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 | The thing about prophecies, is they always tell you that someone will die

LUKE finally fell asleep late into the night. He'd been up until the early hours of the morning, worried about Freyja's health and how she was. He'd only left when the Apollo cabin had dragged him out of the infirmary and back to Layla's side.

When he opened his eyes, instead of finding himself in a dream, he found himself somewhere that he didn't know. It wasn't the Hermes cabin, as it was far too bright and clean, so he was unsure of where he was. 

Luke pushed himself upright, looking around in confusion at the marble halls. Pillars supported the ceiling, vines curling around them and Luke licked his lips. It looks slightly like Olympus, but Luke couldn't tell for sure. All he knew was that this was incredibly bizarre.

"Where the hell am I?" Luke pushed himself up and off the floor, looking around. He froze, seeing a familiar face standing in the corner. "No."

"Luke, please."

"Send me back." Luke began to walk away from the man as Hermes sighed and followed after his son. "I don't want to talk to you."

"Luke, we need to talk."

"You told me I shouldn't have gone home and screwed my mum up so no, I don't think that I particularly want to talk to you." Luke wheeled around, glaring at his father. The god sighed, cocking an eyebrow. "Leave me alone."

"Luke, you're my son and I love you dearly. We need to talk."

"You don't deserve to be my father." Luke spat back, causing Hermes to reel away with sad eyes. "Good talk dad. That's all I wanted to say, now leave me alone."

"I know you're upset." Luke scoffed, glaring again. "I understand."

"Bullshit."

"I do understand. Please, know that I couldn't be in your life as much as I wanted to be," Hermes pleaded. "There are rules in place that prevent me from doing so and I hate it, I really do."

Luke just shook his head and Hermes sighed. He wished that they had a better relationship, as the other gods seemed to have with their own children. It was one of his greatest regrets that Luke despised him so much. He paused, looking downtrodden before getting to the point of the conversation.

"I'm gifting you a quest." Hermes muttered, as Luke spun to look at him. "You need to go and see the Oracle when you awake."

Quests were incredibly dangerous, normally plagued with misfortune and monsters trailing your every move. But if you did come back, the glory and honour that came with it was something to be proud of. Some people never came back though and now Hermes was handing him one on a silver platter.