| 3 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | Luke joins the kleptomania family 

LUKE was attempting to make his way around camp and work out where everything was, but despite the helpfully placed signposts, he was well and truly lost and completely out of his element.

After the incident on the hill, where he had watched his first true friend be crushed beneath the foot of a cyclops and turned into a tree, the other campers had deemed that he and Annabeth were bad luck and steered well clear of them for the most part. 

He was starting to think that he was a magnet for bad luck and maybe that bad luck also meant that he wasn't good at finding things, because he ended up no where near where he thought he was. Instead of reaching the dining pavilion, where he hope he would finally get some answers, he instead reached a large barn.

To Luke, it looked straight out of a cowboy movie, like the ones they used to play on TV in the middle of the day when he had still lived at home. The main doors were open, so Luke saw that as an invitation, slipping into the large building.

Luke was not used to barns, or horses really, but everything he thought he knew was completely wrong. The barn was pristine, the concrete floor spotless and each horse seemed to be in a brilliant condition (but he wasn't a horse person, so he didn't really know). Each of the stables had the name of the horse in front of them; Sparky, Splash, Tiggy, Tia and so on.

But, there was one in particular that seemed to call to him. The name on the door read Mirage and unlike the other horses, who were all eating or drinking, this horse was watching with dark eyes, as if looking into his very soul.

"Why are you staring at me?" Luke muttered, as the horse snorted and fluttered it's wings. Luke did a double take.

Wings?

"What the...?"

"They're pegasi," He almost jumped out of his skin, turning quickly to see the girl from the infirmary once more. She placed a bucket down into another stall, before wandering over to stand on his other side and watch the horse. "Most are used for flying lessons, but this one is mine."

"Yours? You have a pet pegasi?" Luke stammered out, as Freyja nodded and handed an apple over to the large horse. "Ho...How?"

"Long story," The girl shrugged, her nose twitching briefly as she patted the horse on the head. "What are you doing in here?"

"I got lost," Luke scuffed his trainers on the concrete beneath his shoe, as Freyja tilted her head and raised an eyebrow. The boy wasn't sure what to make of her expression, it wasn't rude or judging, it was just unsure.

"Why didn't you ask someone to give you a tour?"

"No one's talking to me, or Annabeth," Freyja nodded again, before grabbing another bucket of water and filling it up slowly. "You wouldn't be up for giving us a tour, would you?"