| 41 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄| The Fates are laughing from the Underworld, as Freyja is forced into confrontation

THE arena froze at Freyja's words, watching as she stared up at Luke. The man hadn't moved, though a dark glare was plastered across his face.

"What?" Antaeus asked, looking between Freyja and Luke as he tried to work out what was going on.

"Fight, Luke Castellan." She spat, as Percy helped Ethan to his feet. "If I win, we go free. If I lose, you can kill us."

Percy watched, as Luke stiffened at Freyja's words. It was almost as if the blond still had feelings for his sister.

"What do you say, Luke, son of Hermes?" Antaeus turned to look at Luke, who huffed and stood up, jumping down into the arena. A cloud of dust went up around him, as an empousai ran over with a sword, one that Freyja hadn't seen before. Half glowed from the celestial bronze, whilst the other did not.

"Fine." Freyja nodded, ducking into a fighting stance as Luke warmed up quickly. The blond stood taller than her, and most likely stronger than Freyja, so she'd need to be quick on her feet and if she was pinned, she'd have to free herself quickly.

Risking a glance over her shoulder, Freyja caught eyes with Annabeth, who was pale and trembling.

"Let us see if you have improved at all." Freyja pulled her parka off, leaving her in her dark breastplate and shirt. She dropped the parka and her circlet beside Percy, standing up tall once more as she waited for Luke to make the first move.

Luke swung, causing the girl to jump back, before they began their dance of weapons.

Percy's jaw dropped from the side lines, as Freyja slid on her knees under Luke's sword, and spun around to try and whack him in the back. He had never seen anyone fight like the pair did. They were so fast, but they knew one and others moves too well for anyone to get the upper hand.

The crowd made various oohs and aahs as the swords clashed together, and the two contenders grunted and glared at one another. Freyja spun around, managing to get a well aimed kick into Luke's solar plexus, that sent him rolling over on the ground, before he jumped back up. He managed to smack her back, as she skidded past him.

But still, there was no blood and the crowd was getting antsy. They wanted to see blood.

Freyja dodged a swipe, jumping backwards as the screams for blood clouded her hearing. But she knew that it would not happen. Her blood was golden and Luke had the Curse of Achilles, neither of them could harm the others.