| 48 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | Freyja has to make a difficult decision

FREYJA cursed as the elevator dinged open onto Mount Olympus. Jumping, she cleared the gap from the elevator to the streets that she hadn't run along since she was a child. But the difference now was that her home was in ruins.

Most of the temples, whether they be for the minor or major gods, were destroyed, the walls caved in from one powerful strike. Continuing forward at a sprint, she skidded to a stop when she saw a huge statue crushed over Thalia's legs, the face of Hera looking up at her.

"Go!" Thalia called, waving her on. "They're in the main council building!"

"Someone will get you, I promise!" Freyja vaulted over the statue, nodding at the daughter of Zeus, before taking the stairs three at a time, trying to reach the main council room.

The doors, that were the size of cruise ships, had been ripped off of their hinges and thrown to the floor. Freyja put on a brave face, before climbing over the piles of metal and stone. Looking in, she saw Ethan and Kronos stood on one side of the hall, facing off against Percy, Annabeth and Grover, who were all trying to put on a brave face despite the dangers.

"Shall I destroy you first, Jackson?" Kronos asked. He was going on about the prophecy, ranting and raving, as Freyja skidded down the rubble and came to a stop in front of Freyja. She would not lose someone else she cared about because of this fight, not if she could help it.

"Luke always fought with a sword," Freyja growled, her words echoing around the throne room, as she held Epilogue up towards him. "But you wouldn't have the skill to do that, because you're a coward."

Kronos' face contorted into a sneer as the scythe he was carrying changed into Backbiter and Freyja felt the anger in her spike, the adrenaline coursing through her veins. Freyja pushed the three younger teenagers back towards the throne, aware that were her and Kronos to actually fight then it would be an ultimatum. Whilst Freyja could defeat him easily, her love for Luke would prevent her from harming the man and Kronos did not have enough power at the moment to defeat her, due to the fact that Freyja was a goddess.

"This is for Layla," Freyja murmured, before lunging at Kronos. She caught him off guard as they launched into a dance of ducks, parries and rolls, trying to get one up on each other. Kronos was stronger than she was, more force behind his strikes, but Freyja was faster than him. He pushed her back towards the thrones, trying to corner her as she parried his hit.

The back and forth game continued, until one tiny mistake from Freyja as she overreached, lead to Kronos being able to kick her in the stomach. All the breath was knocked out of her, as she slammed into a throne, whacking her head against the side. She groaned, the exhaustion from the battles and the emotional toll of seeing Layla die and having to fight Luke beginning to take effect.