| 17 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Freyja contemplates whether strangling unhelpful parents is an acceptable thing to do

ASGARD was just as beautiful as Freyja remembered it, despite having not visited in a while. She mainly stayed and trained with her mother and at camp, due to Zeus' insistence, so she had missed seeing her other parent. Artemis had somehow convinced Zeus that this was a good idea, and Freyja could not be more excited about it.

Shaking her head, Freyja blinked a couple of times and yawned before continuing her ascent to the palace. Not many Asgardians were around on the streets at this time, as it was still only early morning. 

Freyja gave her pegasus another nudge, urging the horse onwards as the base of the palace came into view.

A stable hand appeared, ready to lead the horse away to food as Freyja made her way into the castle and then towards the main throne room. She knew that Loki would be waiting for her inside.

"Da!" Loki turned, dressed in formal robes as Freyja rushed towards them, a smile on their face at the sight of their daughter. 

"My little girl. You're still growing." Freyja launched herself into their arms, clinging as Loki smiled and patted her on the back. "I need you to stop growing soon."

"Not a chance. I want to be taller than you and Mother." Loki huffed, pressing another kiss to Freyja's head as they took the chance to cling on slightly tighter. Zeus had been proving difficult for talks to occur between the Parthenon and Asgard, and Loki had been suffering the most. They'd been unable to truly see Freyja grow up, and it was a big regret that they had. 

"I'm sure you will be," Loki smiled, before placing a hand on her back and leading her away. "Come, we have a lot to discuss and work on. I want to hear all about what you've been up to, your friends, your boyfriend, your training."

Freyja's grin grew, tucking herself further into Loki's side as she smiled and nodded. She'd missed them dearly, and was more than willing to share everything.

"So, what's camp been like?" Loki asked, pushing the doors of the training area open and throwing their over cloak over one of the chairs.

"Same old, same old." Freyja drew Epilogue, pulling her own jacket off as she started to warm her muscles up. "I've been training a lot recently and soon, I think I might try and move onto mastering some other weapons."

"Your confident in your sword fighting abilities and archery?" Loki cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes. I'm easily the best at camp which annoys the Apollo and Ares kids to no end." Freyja stated. There was no gloating in her voice, she was simply reporting the facts and that made Loki chuckle.

"I am sure that makes you incredibly popular."

"I have friends." Freyja glared.

"I know, I know." Loki held their hands up, also warming up as they talked. "And how's your boyfriend?"