| 44 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Freyja's day just continues to get worse

THEY got out of the Labyrinth the same way they had got in with Rachel, before heading into an alleyway so that Freyja and Percy were able to call pegasi to get back to Camp.

Mirage appeared first, thundering towards them as quickly as he could. Rachel gasped in awe at the sight of him, before looking up as Blackjack and four other grey pegasi appeared.

Her pegasi whickered gently, as Freyja smiled and patted his neck. The horse snorted, nuzzling into her, before her eyes found Blackjack.

"Blackjack?" Freyja laughed, reaching for the horse's head. "I haven't seen you in a while. Not since you were still a small foal."

The horse snorted and Freyja smiled, patting his flank before turning to Nico, who was struggling to climb onto his mount.

"Nico," The son of Hades turned back to look at her, annoyance in his eyes. "You can take Mirage, if needs be?"

"Go without me. I don't want to go back to that camp anyway." Freyja raised an eyebrow, before shaking her head.

"No. We need you, now come on." He stared at her with narrowed eyes, before reluctantly nodding, as Freyja grabbed his mount and helped him jump on. "The horse will behave."

The horse seemed to nod at the woman, before she jumped onto Mirage's back and wheeled the horse back around. Percy and Annabeth took off first, with Grover and Tyson following as Freyja waited for Nico to take off as she followed last.

"Mirage, we need to get home as quickly as possible." The horse nodded, before shooting off to the front of the group, the flaps from his wings providing extra support for the others pegasi behind him like birds in flight. 

☾☼☽

"Freyja!" A voice called, as Freyja turned around to see Layla hurrying towards her. Layla threw her arms around the girl, pulling her into a tight hug. "What happened?"

"I saw Luke." Freyja said, clutching onto Layla's shoulders as Zac appeared to wrap his arms around the pair. "It wasn't good, Layla. He's accepted Kronos and is now his host. I don't know what to do."

Layla stiffened under her hug, her face contorting into a grimace as she thought of her younger brother. Zac sighed, before he tried to lighten the mood.