| 27 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | An escapee pegasus bring Annabeth and Percy more worry that not

PERCY rolled over in his bed, staring at the mobile that hung through the centre of the Poseidon Cabin bedroom. Everything was quiet, as it normally was, but he couldn't help but feel that something was off.

That feeling had been on the back of his mind ever since he had first arrived at Camp Half-Blood. He had always felt like he was intruding in someone else's house, living in their shoes and sleeping in their bed. But he knew that he was the only person who had ever lived in that cabin, Chiron had told him that there were no other children of Poseidon.

But still, Percy couldn't help the nagging feeling at the back of his mind that told them that he was being lied to. It was growing unsettling.

It didn't help that sometimes, the others in the camp would watch the Poseidon cabin with a sad smile, and then turn away. He always wondered how they knew the layout of the cabin like the back of their hand, despite him never inviting them into the cabin before.

Percy had tried to ask Annabeth about it, multiple times in fact, but he had never got a direct answer about what was going on. He was growing annoyed with the growing secrets that were surrounding them.

It also didn't help that they were about to go into a war with Luke Castellan and his army of monsters and turned demigods. Not to mention, Annabeth was arranging something secret with Clarisse and he was once again left out of the loop. He hated not being told things. It made him feel like a child again.

Sitting up, Percy ignored the feeling of unease in his own cabin and began to get ready for the day. Before the breakfast bell went, Percy headed down to the stables to see Blackjack, feeling more at peace with the horses than around the others.

The walk down to the stable was pleasant, as there wasn't anyone else around and it was a nice warm day in summer. But, as he drew closer, he noticed that the main doors were open. Percy hurried up, rushing into the stables as he began to look around, trying to find who was missing or escaped. An escaped pegasus would not be good, especially not at the moment.

"Boss, Boss!" Percy hurried over to Blackjack's stall, who was prancing around nervously as he watched the door.

"Blackjack, what's the matter? What happened?" Percy began to ask, looking around the barn. "Why was the stable door open?"

"Mirage left. He just left." Percy looked confused, before searching around for Mirage's stall and sure enough, it was empty. The stable door had been kicked off it's hinges, and lay uselessly on one hinge.