| 0 |

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 | "Uh, surprise? I was pregnant? Have a niece."

"

IT was times like these when Apollo felt incredibly out of the loop about what went on on Olympus. He had only recently returned from visiting all of his oracles to see whether the curse that had been placed on them still stood. 

It did.

There had been an incident a couple of weeks earlier, with one of Hermes' lovers and the spirit of Delphi, it wasn't pretty.

He was walking back up to the main building of Olympus when he noticed the stares. Now, he was normally used to stares, considering he was by far the hottest god, but these were more 'have you heard his secret' stares instead of 'wow Apollo you're so handsome' stares. That was the first clue that something was wrong.

The next clue was that his entire family was gathered in the council room not trying to kill each other (which was a miracle considering his mother and Hera was sitting across from one and other).

"Was there a meeting that I didn't know about?" He asked Hermes, who was standing next to him. Hermes pushed him towards his seat, looking nervous.

"You may want to sit down for this, man," Hermes glanced towards the door leading to the infirmary. "This is going to come as a bit of a shock."

A piercing shout came from the closed door, Apollo sat up sharply, doing another head count around the room. Something smelled fishy, and it wasn't Poseidon this time.

"What's going on?" He asked. "Who injured my sister? Where is she?"

Leto shot him a look, still fanning her pale face as she pulled him back down to sit once more.

"Sit, Apollo, Artemis is fine," His father commanded. Apollo's eyes narrowed at the thought of obeying his father. "She's giving birth. You don't want to be in there when that happens. Wait it out."

Apollo choked on his tongue, coughing.

"Arty? Child birth?" He stumbled back, clutching onto the side of his throne for support as he stared his mother for confirmation. Leto nodded, a grimace on her face. "How is that possible? She's a virgin goddess!"

Athena cautiously approached him, perching on the seat beside his as she grabbed his hand, smiling awkwardly.

"There's an ancient ritual, that many of us thought lost until, well, now. It allows a virgin goddess to have children if she wants. Say, for instance, if she's found love. It's a bit like how I have demigod children that I give birth to, but hers is a more human process. They don't come out of her brain."

"Okay, and how does that work?" Athena looked slightly lost for the moment as if even she didn't know the answer to that question. If Apollo wasn't having a mid-eternity crisis, he would have taken a photo.