| 57 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | A fun family reunion that no one really wanted to happen, least of all Luke

LUKE finished filling their car up with petrol, waiting for Freyja to come out of the gas station with her hands full of junk food. They were finally able to start on the long list of movies that Luke had to get Freyja to watch. She was a little behind on her pop culture knowledge and Luke was determined to catch her up once more.

Paying, Luke turned back around as he watched Freyja come padding back towards him with her arms full of crisps, sweets and chocolate, her money in her mouth.

"Got everything?"

"Mm-hmm." Freyja nodded, as Luke opened a door for the smaller woman, allowing her to dump the entirety of her foods and snacks into the back seat. Spitting her money in there as well, Freyja turned to look back up at him. "How much was gas?"

"Not much. Didn't need to fill it up to the brim." Luke replied. "What takeout are we feeling?"

"What did we have last time?"

"Indian." Luke reminded her. "Do you want Italian or Chinese?"

"Chinese." Freyja turned to him with a nod. "Let's get Chinese. There's a new place in town."

"Who told you about that?"

"Despite popular opinions, I did make friends before you came back to life." Freyja muttered.

"You're antisocial." Luke stated simply, starting the car to go and find a parking spot in the small town that was about three miles away from their isolated cabin in the middle of the forest. "It took us a lot to make you become friends with most of us. Plus, when we first started to date, you literally walked off."

Freyja went silent for a moment, before they reached the parking spot and hopped out. Luke chuckled, pulling her back under his arm and kissed her head.

"But I love you still for it." Luke kissed her once more, before holding the door to the shop open. They ordered quickly, before sitting down and waiting as Luke rubbed her back up and down. "So, I did a border check this morning, and there was absolutely no one there. I think we're in the clear. How are your senses getting on? Still feeling like there was something there?"

"Not anymore." Freyja shook her head. "The sleep kind of got rid of my feeling."

Luke nodded, kissing her head, as she placed her legs over his, leaning back in her chair and watching the chefs in the restaurant.

"What do you want to watch tonight?" Freyja followed up, turning back to him. "What movie?"

"I'm not sure. Thinking Disney. We can watch Hercules."

"Is it good?"

"You'll hate it." Luke nodded, as Freyja began to scowl. "Not only is it a musical, it's based on Hercules and it's not even historically accurate."

A groan left Freyja's mouth as she sank down into her chair even further, making Luke chuckle.

"Don't worry, we'll also watch Sleeping Beauty and it's a lot of nature and pretty colours, so you will love it." Freyja began to nod, finally settling down as they continued to wait for their food to be prepared. "I'm thinking, if we're gonna be staying here for a while, might try and get a job or something. I saw that the bank here is looking for a new member, and you know, with my good math skill, I might just apply for it."

"That sounds good." Freyja nodded. "I don't think I'd adapt very well to the work force. Haven't ever had to deal with mortals."

"You dealt with us? Technically I was a mortal."

"I stabbed you." Freyja pointed out, as Luke chuckled. "I don't think that can go on my resume or anything."

"No, probably not." Luke shook his head, before their food was called. Both of them licked their lips, grabbing the boxes and thanking the workers. Quickly, they left, jumping back into their car and heading back to the cabin in the woods. The drive back was beautiful, but the darkness hid the scenery as they continued down wooded roads before pulling into an off road track, that was hidden from all those around it.

The road became more bumpy, potholes appearing and disappearing, but Freyja knew where all of them were and would point them out for Luke. As they drew nearer to their cabin, Freyja began to tense once more, turning and staring around as Luke cocked an eyebrow.

"Feeling back?"

"Yeah. Turn the headlights off." Luke did as commanded, trying his best to stay on the road and not plow them into a tree as they began to emerge into the large clearing that the house was in. It was actually a frozen lake, with the house at the centre, and one road gave them a way in. In the summer, the water rose around the road, and only someone who knew the drive was able to get across. It was remote, and incredibly isolated, but that was how they liked it.

Stopping, Luke and Freyja peered forward at the cabin, waiting for the clouds to uncover. Hopefully, the moon would allow some light to pass through, and see who was there.

"Can you see anyone?" Luke muttered, as the moon finally appeared, lighting up the new fallen snow. Freyja peered forward, before her entire body tensed up once more and she huffed. "What? What is it?"

"You can drive forward now. I know who it is." Freyja muttered, slumping back down. Luke complied, continuing to drive forward and across the frozen lake until he reached the cabin. Parking, he looked out, finding two people standing on the front porch, wrapped in quiet conversation. "What do you want?"

Luke followed Freyja out of the car, hovering behind her.

"Is that anyway to greet your parents, Frey?" The person to the right spoke, their hair dark black as Freyja's was, with startling eyes that seemed to shift just as Luke could remember Hermes did. Luke began to tense, glancing between them. He could only assume that the one who spoke was Loki, whilst the other must be Artemis, the very goddess that Luke had forced to carry the weight of the sky and kidnapped.

"I don't know why you're here, and I don't want to know why you're here." Freyja shook her head. "You're not welcome."

"We came to speak with you." Loki replied, not even bothering to look at Luke.

"I don't have anything to say to her." Freyja hissed. "Leave."

"I came to apologise, and speak to the boy." Artemis finally spoke, glancing between Freyja and Luke, as Luke tensed once more.

Shit.

Hiya,

So, it's now time for Luke to meet the parents which is never a good thing. He's not gonna have fun and I can't lie, there's only a few chapters of this book left before it moves into the companion book, Angel of Death, which is getting ready to have updates soon I believe.

Question of the Day ; If any of you guys are writing books, let me know what they're about. I want to know and support you guys :)

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx