| 30 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 | The reunion that no one would ever thought would take place

FREYJA sighed, looking around her at the familiar entrance to camp. Now that she was here, the bizarre emotion of worry was seeping into her stomach. This all had the possibility to go horribly wrong.

"Freyja..." Layla warned, causing the girl to turn and look back at her. "They'll understand. They might be angry at first, but they will understand."

Freyja nodded, sending the woman a small smile, before turning back to the camp and fiddling with the zipper of her parka.

"We ready?" Zac appeared, swinging the car keys around his finger as he joined the two women. They nodded, hiking up the hill. Layla and Freyja froze as they saw the dragon surrounding Thalia's tree, memories flashing through their head of another dragon, though that one had been bigger. This one was still small, snorting softly, and the Golden Fleece hung over one of the lower boughs. "That's new."

They crested the hill, stopping again at the sight of camp. At first glance, it hadn't changed all that much since they left, but as they looked closer, the differences began to become noticeable. There were stock piles of weapons everyone, along with, what seemed to be, nine year olds training with swords.

"Stars above." Freyja cursed, shaking her head. "It's worse that expected."

"I know." Layla led them down and into camp, before there was a call for them to stop. They all turned.

"State your name." The demigod couldn't have been older than fourteen, his armour slightly too large for his body.

"Woah, easy there." Layla smiled. "I'm Layla Tribulatio, daughter of Hermes. Chiron knows we're coming, do you know where he is?"

"Oh, uh, sword fighting arena." The soldier fumbled with his spear for a moment, eyes going wide.

"Thanks." Freyja muttered, as the trio headed down the hill and towards the arena.

"Remember, calm, Freyja." Zac warned, standing beside her. "We can do this."

☾☼☽

Percy rubbed his forehead as another argument broke out about whether or not Annabeth should lead a quest into the Labyrinth. He was firmly on her side, that she should so that they could work everything out. But others weren't as sure.

"She should go!" Clarisse argued, looking around at the teenagers. "We need to know what's out there and how to defeat Kronos."

"Oh, this is weird." All of them froze, drawing weapons and turning at the sound of a female voice in the arena. Behind them, a smaller blonde woman was turning around in a circle with a scowl on her face. "I don't like it."