| 45 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | The Hunt calls back to Freyja, urging her to come home once more

"SO, Luke..." Freyja heard Percy trail off as she walked up the hill, Mirage walking along behind her.

"Percy, I didn't know the prophecy was talking about...I...I didn't know." Annabeth faltered, stuttering helplessly. "Luke and I...for years, he was the only one who really cared about me. I thought..."

She paused and Freyja sighed, hitting down the lone tendril of jealousy that snared around her heart. Turning around, she searched for Layla, who was walking towards her with her head down. Freyja knew that if the woman looked up, she'd be able to see a red rim around Layla's eyes, which was truly understandable.

They had burned Zac's body, along with the others, two nights ago and now, it was high time for Layla and Freyja to get back on the road and hunt some more of the monsters down. If they could start to cut off smaller portion's of Kronos' army, then they could lessen the greatness of the battle that was too come.

As the daughter of Hermes reached her side, Freyja touched her hand gently, cocking an eyebrow. Layla shook her head, causing Freyja to nod as she squeezed the woman's hand.

"Girls!" Layla and Freyja looked up, seeing Hera standing at the top of the hill. She was smiling down at them, her dress shimmering like a rainbow, despite everything that had happened. 

The pair hurried to the top of the hill, tying their pegasi to a tree as they waited for Hera to give them their next assignment.

"Here's where you're going next." Freyja nodded, taking the scroll from Hera's hand as the goddess turned her gaze onto Layla. Behind her grandmother, Percy and Annabeth had a shared look of annoyance plastered across their features. "His soul has found rest in Elysium, of that I can assure you."

"Thank you." Layla's voice was harsh, choked from fresh tears that were threatening to escape. Freyja turned, as the others did, so the goddess could turn into her true form and beam back up to Olympus.

"Well, we should get going then." Freyja muttered to Layla, placing the scroll in the pack on her leg. The woman nodded, saddling up as Freyja turned to Annabeth and Percy, who were watching her with wide eyes. She didn't know what Annabeth was feeling, as the girl had been notoriously silent since their argument in the Labyrinth.

"You're leaving? Already?" Percy questioned. It felt like she had just got back, and she was already going. He needed her here. He needed someone to be able to help!

"I have to. I've got to get back to work." Freyja stated simply. "But if you ever need me, give me a call and I'll get to you as fast as my responsibilities allow me to."

Annabeth's eyes narrowed, and she looked like she was going to shout at Freyja for a moment, but instead she turned and stormed back towards the camp. Freyja watched her go, waiting for the teenager to turn and look at her, but Annabeth refused.