Chapter 7: The Night

I woke up with dried tears on my face. I was still in Grayson's arms and his sweatshirt was covering me. I yawned and looked around. Jimmy was sleeping against the wall and Brendan was in the corner, still sleeping as well. I was about to back to sleep, when I noticed someone wasn't here. Mer. I million things went flying through my head at once. Did she escape? Did the leader take her? Where the hell is she.

I quickly woke Grayson. "Wake up wake up!" I pulled on his arm. He slowly opened his eyes. "Hey" he said in a sleepy voice smiling at me. "Grayson where is Mer?" I asked frantically. "What do you mean where is she?" He asked. "She's not here!" I replied. We jumped up and ran over to ask jimmy and Brendan but they knew just as much as we did, which was nothing.

We sat for what felt like forever until the door slid open and Mer came flying through the floor and a bag was thrown in as well. "Mer!" I screamed. The door slammed shut and Mer was on the floor. She picked her head up. Her face was bruised badly, she definitely took a brutal beating. "What happened?" We asked running over to her. "T-the leader. I tried opening the door in the early morning to try to get us out but it was no use. Then I tried t-to open up the w-window but I couldn't do that either. The leader came in grabbed me, and beat me. On the bright side, I'm not dead and I have breakfast." She said with a weak smile. We all pulled her in for a hug. "It's gonna be okay" we reassured her. "Id rather die then be in here!" She pleaded. "Don't ever say that!" Jimmy said. We all nodded in agreement. We ate breakfast which consisted of more hamburgers and chicken sandwiches from McDonald's. For some reason, Mers words kept replaying in my head: "I'd rather die then be in here"

That day went by slowly. Brendan was working on his "PND" the entire day and jimmy and Mer were making different handshakes and jimmy was trying to explain to Mer that it's important to think about rainbows and sunshine, instead of darkness and skulls. It was funny, but Mer just seemed off today. I know we've only been here 3 days, but still.

Grayson and I just caught up with each other about school, our friends, social life, our families- just normal stuff to talk about.

"Why do you always just stare at me?" I finally asked him. He laughed. "Because you're beautiful and it feels like nothing ever changed between us, and I love it." He said pulling me in for a tight hug. I smiled. I liked it to. I loved it actually.

The night came and the room began to darken and Grayson and I went to our corner. He put his sweatshirt on me so I wouldn't get cold. He layed on the towel on the ground and I layed between his legs, putting my head on his warm chest. "Wanna know something?" Grayson whispered. "What." I replied. "I kinda like you." He said. I looked up into his eyes. "Now is that true?" I said smirking. He smiled. "Because I guess I kinda like you too." I whispered. I put my head back down on his chest and he began to stroke my hair and we slowly fell into a deep.. deep.. deep sleep...

I opened my eyes. It still had to be the night time because it was still pitch black and the only light was from the moon from the little window. It was shining on Mer. She had her back to the light. I got up and Grayson's grip got tighter. "Weird reflexes." I thought. I quietly moved his hand to go see if Mer was awake. She was sitting kind of crouched over. "Mer" I whispered. There was no reply. I tapped her on the shoulder and she fell back onto the cold hard floor. The towel. It was wrapped around her. Around her neck. He face was pale. Her body had no color at all. She was dull. She was... she was... Dead. I gasped. My heart skipped and million beats. I moved back fast and stood up to start to run away from it all when I tripped and fell. The tears started coming. This was no nightmare. This was real life. "Bri what are you doing its so late come here" Grayson mumbled. I sat there where I fell and didn't say a word. I just stared at Mer. "Bri." He said a little louder. "Brianna." He said louder. I slowly turned around. A single tear ran down my face. "She's gone." I managed to get out. "What who are you talking about Bri you probably just had a bad dream." He said walking over to me. "No no no!" I screamed. I pulled my hair and Grayson picked me up. "What's going on?" He looked at me with worried eyes. "Mer is dead she must of committed suicide." I started bawling. Grayson looked behind me at Mers empty body. "Holy shit." He squeaked.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Hope you liked this chapter! Give me feed back and I might have another chapter tonight it depends how much homework I get done :-))))) love you bye❤️💘~kirsten😘 BTW sorry this took all day bc the twins went on younow so I had to stop to go watch them😂😂