Chapter 40: Advice

I looked up with puffy eyes at a lady that looked about 55 years old. She had brown hair with an apron on that said "Marty's Diner" . "What's wrong doll?" She asked with a southern accent bending down to me. I couldn't even talk because I was so hurt by grayson. "Here let me help you up." He relied. He picked me up and threw her arm around me as she walked me into the diner. She brought me over to the bar, it was a cute old fashioned themed diner. "Sit here sweetie pie I'm gonna fix you something up to eat!" She said smiling and walked back to the kitchen. There weren't many people here, and luckily no one I knew.

I finally calmed down just as she brought me a plate of pancakes with bacon. "Eat up then we'll talk." She said patting my back. I turned around to see her taking other people's orders and a man came out with a chocolate milkshake for me. He smiled and I smiled back. I ate everything up and she came back. "Well how was it?" She asked. "It was delicious thank you so much how much is it?" I asked. "No charge baby cakes." She giggled. "Are you sure?" I asked again. "Positive." She said. "So what's your name?" I asked taking a sip of my shake. "Dawn. What about yours?" She asked. "Brianna." I replied. "So Brianna what's a pretty girl like you doing outside on the sidewalk crying your little eyes out?" She asked. "Well it's a long story." I said looking down. "Well I got an hour for break, so start talking." She said smiling as she took a seat.

I explained everything to her. Even all the way back to the beginning of when we got kidnapped. I told her about mine and Grayson's past. How we used to be best friends. I told her how my dad cheated on my mom and he saw. I told her how he comforted me when we were being held hostage. I told her how Mark raped me and how grayson saved me. I told her about the police station and that grayson is famous. I told her about the Hayes thing and Ethan. I told her how he screamed at me. I told her everything. Right then and there.

"Wow.." She replied. "Yeah.. So it's pretty complicated. "Well I think you gotta consider 2 things. These 2 boys are brothers right? Well if your dating grayson and then have sex with ethan and now your in a fight with Grayson, how is this love going to work out? They live together so if your going to hang out with them, it will be hard because the other one will be there." She explained. I told her how I lived in California now and now I missed my flight. "Well sometimes people forget the most important things. Which is to follow your heart and to remember who you are. Remember your values. You should value respect, kindness, honesty and much more. You want a man who will show those qualities. Take a shake to go and you walk back to their house and you sort everything out. No matter what happens, don't loose yourself. Stay true to who you are and in the end you'll always have yourself." She said with a smile. "Here," she said handing me her number, "give me a call if you ever need anything darling." She said. "Thank you so much dawn for everything, I really really appreciate it." I said giving her a big hug. "Of course." She said. "Dawn orders up!" A man from the kitchen called with a friendly wave. "Well my duties are callin me and so are yours go get em kid." She said walking away. I grabbed the shake and opened the door and felt the cold air hit me. I was going to the dolans house and I was going to make things right. The only thing is I don't really know what "right" is anymore.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Hey guys sorry this chapter is short and I didn't update yesterday, I was at my friends house! But I will try to update again tonight!☺️ love you don't forget to vote and comment!❤️-kirsten😘