Chapter 43: School

We went to bed early that night, well at least I did. I knew I was going to have to get up early the next morning. I wouldn't admit it to myself but I was scared. People haven't really talked to me since the abduction, and the whole Hayes thing at his party was just a disaster. I was just hoping no one would say anything to me because honestly, I didn't want to hear it or talk about it.

I woke up at 6:00am and got dressed. I didn't want to be too dressy, so I just threw on a pair on jeans with A sweater and scarf (picture above) then I walked into the bathroom, put light curls in my hair and applied some powder, bronzer, eyeliner and mascara. When I was done, I walked into Grayson's room. We had to start walking down to the bus stop and he was still passed out sleeping. "Babe come on." I whispered into his ear. He groaned back. "Remember I'm going to school with you today!" I said excitedly. His eyes shot open and he kinda just sat there after I said that. "I'll be downstairs." I said kissing his cheek.

On the way to the stairs, I peeked into Ethan's room. He had his shirt off and was in the process of getting dressed. Cameron was in the bathroom doing makeup.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a smores pop tart while going through my Instagram and Twitter feed. I tweeted:
@/briannaxxoo: back to school today in jersey! #soexcited 😜

Just then the boys came down the stairs and grabbed their backpack and Cameron too. "Ready?" Cameron asked with a smile. "I guess." I replied. She hopped in her car and ethan, Grayson and I walked down to the bus stop and grayson and I intertwined fingers. "You seem more nervous then me!" I said. "No I'm not I just uh don't want uh kids saying anything to you." He said not making eye contact with me. "Is there something else going on?" I asked stopping. "No babe of course not!" He replied. "Uh okay." I said.

We hopped on the bus and I sat in a 3 seater with Grayson and ethan, me on the outside. We weren't even on the bus for a minute when I felt someone tap my shoulder. "Hey your that girl that got kidnapped and shit right?" A girl with dark black hair asked me. Grayson's grip on my knee got tighter. "Yeah that's me!" I laughed. The girl rolled her eyes and turned back around in her seat. When I looked to the back of the bus I noticed everyone was staring. At me. Ugh. I looked over to grayson and I could tell he was deep in thought so I gave him a peck on the lips. "Stop worrying so much I'm going to be fine!" I said. "No your not we aren't even off the bus yet and you already got asked stuff." He grumbled. "It's fine!" I said reassuring him.

We pulled into the school parking lot and everyone began to file off the bus and into the school. "I have to go to the main office babe." I whispered to grayson as we were walking in. He wouldn't hold my hand like we always do. "Grayson what are you doing?" I asked with a tone. "Walking into school duh." He replied. "Ugh whatever." I said and walked ahead of him. "Babe come on I'll walk you too the office." I said not making eye contact with me. "If you're not going to act like we are dating then don't. You won't even hold my hand!" I sternly said. "Okay okay I'm sorry I'm just nervous okay?" He replied. I grabbed his hand and it was sweaty. Instead of walking down the main hallway to the office, Grayson wanted to take the back hallways so not many people would see us. I was starting to get suspicious.

We opened the office doors and in we went. All the staff started clapping and cheering. "Thank you." I laughed. The principle walked over to me. "Brianna honey how are you?" She asked. "I'm great how are you?" I replied. "Fantastic! We are all so glad you two are back and good!" She said happily. She handed me my schedule. "To make you feel comfortable, you have half of your classes with Grayson and half with Ethan!"she said. "Wow thank you so much !" I said taking my schedule. Grayson gave me a weak smile but I decided to Ignore it. Our school day is made up of 7 periods so I had the first 3 with Grayson then lunch with both of them and the last 3 with Ethan.