Chapter 50: Hospital

Grayson's POV
I sat outside the surgery room door bawling my eyes out for about an hour. I decided to get up and walk around trying to clear my head, but it didn't help. Just like all hospitals, there were tvs , and the only thing on was the news. "Hi this is Stacey Lunn here with the latest news on the developing story of Brianna Garth, who was shot at a high school football game. The suspects names are Tiffany Duncan and her father hired men to come and shoot the girl. The police have not found them yet but are still on the look out." A news reporter said. Everyone in the waiting room just stared at me. I went outside to try to get some air and I opened the door. "Grayson dolan what is your side of the story?" " grayson grayson!" "Grayson please answer a few questions!" News reporters were mobbing me and I quickly ran back inside. I paced in the hospital foyer when I felt a hand touch my back. It was my family.

"Come here sweetie." My mom said pulling me in for a hug. We all had a group hug. "The weather is so bad in California they have hurricane watch so all the airports are shut down so Brianna's mom is going to get here as soon as there open again." My dad explained. "Why is this happening?" I asked crying. "I don't know sweetie I really don't know." My mom said hugging me again.

It was about 10:30 at night and I haven't eaten anything. "Come on bro." Ethan said nudging me to go to the food court. "No I have to be here when the doctor comes out!" I said getting angry. "Grayson she still has about 4 hours of surgery left. Come on." Ethan said again. "Sweetie go I'll come get you if he comes out." My mom added. I slowly got up and kept looking back as we walked down the hallway.

"I can't believe Tiffany would do this." Ethan said as we grabbed 2 trays. "Me either I didn't know she was- well crazy." I replied. "Yeah." Ethan sighed. We grabbed a slice of pizza and went to sit down. I didn't say anything and I just blanked out. I remembered seeing the guy shoot Brianna. Not once, but 3 times. I remembered how cold her hands were, and how pale her skin was and- "grayson!" Ethan shouted nudging me. I looked over to him. "You blanked out." Ethan said. "Oh." I replied looking down. Ethan patted me on the shoulder. "Everything's going to be just fine." Ethan said. "You don't know that you're not a doctor!" I said with a attitude. "Well you can't be negative about the whole thing!" Ethan replied. "FACE FACTS ETHAN! SHE GOT SHOT 3 TIMES IN THE HEAD ETHAN! I-I LOVED HER SO MUCH I-I CANT LOOSE HER NOT NOW NOT AFTER EVERYTHING!" I screamed breaking down. I got on the floor and for once in my life I really lost it. I was shaking, crying and mumbling nonsense to myself. "S-she's gonna die. I-I know it she's gonna die. "Y-you were never good enough!" I screamed pulling my hair out with my fingers. "Grayson calm down Stop listen to me!" Ethan yelled. "You deserve this all of this." I kept saying to myself. "GRAYSON STOP!" Ethan screamed grabbing my hands. "Things happen grayson! None of this is your fault! You weren't behind the gun! You didn't pull the trigger! It's not your fault!" Ethan yelled. "I can't loose her ethan I can't." I said crying. "Your not going to." Ethan said rubbing my back. He pulled me in for a long bro hug. It was comforting but not as comforting as Brianna's hugs. Those were the best.

After eating, it was around 2:30am. "Your father and I are going to go home and pack up some clothes for Brianna when she gets back. We're going to talk to Brianna's mom. Call us if you get any information." My mom said kissing my cheek. "Okay." I replied. Cameron and Ethan decided to go with them too. I overheard my mom telling them I needed some 'alone time'.

Once they left, the hospital waiting room was pitch quiet, until a lady came barging in with an elderly man. "Please help him sir I work at a diner and this poor man had an allergic reaction to my pancakes." She explained to the nurse. "Okay we'll take him from here." The nurse said. The lady had an apron on that said 'Marty's diner' on it. She walked over and sat next to me. "Hello there son." She said in a southern accent. "Uh hi." I replied with a slight wave. "What's your name handsome?" She asked. "Thank you and grayson what's yours?" I asked picking up my head. "Dawn." She replied.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Sorry this took so long, I have the flu so I'm really tired and stuff and this took me literally all day to write😷 so hopefully you guys remember dawn! Well she's back❤️ if you don't remember her just comment and I'll remind ya💙 also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 20K READS HOLY COW!!😅 you guys are seriously the best omgg💖💖 your comments make me laugh so much literally 😂 also thank you for always supporting me and finding me on Twitter😘 I get so happy when you guys tweet at me and message me, I'll always be here to talk!☺️ don't forget to vote and comment!💜 love youuuuz -kirsten💘