Chapter 5: Home Sweet Home

After a while of driving, we felt the van come to a screeching stop. I woke up. The trunk came sliding open and the leader and his 2 assistants flung open our crates and put the bags on our heads again. "Let's go, move it!" He shouted at us. The floor felt wet and soggy, like dirt and I heard a door open. They threw us in one by one. I slide across the floor bumping my head on what seemed to be a wall. They took off our bags. "This is going to be your home." The leader said looking around. "So get comfortable because this is where your going to be staying. Don't think of any tricks on escaping because it's not going to happen. I'll be back later." He said and with that he walked out.

I looked around. We were in a room, about the size of my bedroom, with checkered flooring, stained with dirt and dust. There was a small window that was boarded up with some cardboard sealed tightly. There was also 5 dirty towels on the ground, im guessing one for each of us. Yay.

I zoned out thinking about my mom when I felt a hand touch my forehead. I jumped. "Your bleeding." Grayson said, slightly touching it. "Ouch!" I cried. "I mean I'm fine." I replied again trying to sound tough. "Do you want a hug?" Grayson whispered. "No.. Kinda... I mean yeah if you want one-" Grayson cut me off and wrapped me tightly into his chest with his muscular arms. "I want a hug too!" Jimmy said walking over, clearly ruining the moment. I pulled away from Grayson and hugged jimmy. "We will be just fine if we all stick together." I yelled just enough for all of them to here me.

Mer wouldn't take her eyes off the window and Brendan was rummaging through his backpack looking for something. "What are you looking for?" Jimmy asked him. "Well I know I have my PND in here somewhere and if I have my chip I can connect it to this wire and figure out where we are!" He said excitingly. "What the hell is a PND!" Mer said laughing. "It's a Portable Navigation Device. It tells me where I'm at all times. It's basically a gps but better. It tells me where I am, how to get to places and so much more. Plus, there's a telephone on it so if I have the chip to get wifi, I can make calls! If you're wondering you can't buy one because I made it myself." Brendan said patting himself on the back. "Oh my gosh that's amazing!" I replied moving myself closer to him. Brendan blushed. I could tell Grayson was getting jealous. He moved closer to me. "Yeah that's pretty cool I guess." Grayson added.

"This will probably take a few hours to set up so don't get that excited." Brendan said to us. "Ugh how long are we gonna be trapped here. It's literally a living hell and we haven't even been here an hour." I grumbled. "At least I'm here" Grayson said smirking. "Speak for yourself." I said turning around walking towards Mer. Grayson grabbed my arm. "Gray-" I started but he cut me off. "Bri please" he said back making his grip harder. "Let go of me" I said loudly. He did and walked away to a corner running his fingers through his hair.

Mer and I talked about poetry, life itself and art. Jimmy was driving Grayson insane with questions like, "where do you get your underwear from? My mom only lets me get mine from gap!" I giggled at that. "You like him don't you." Mer whispered. "Oh no no no" I said quickly. She just smirked. I thought about it. Do I like him? Do I really like him? Do I love him? Gosh he's just so cute. So hot. So comforting. "No I can't think like this" I said to myself.

The door slammed open and it was the leader. "Here's your dinner. Eat it" he shouted sliding a bag and 4 water bottles across the floor. He slammed the door shut again and we raced over to the bag. It was McDonald's. "Ok it looks like there's 2 hamburgers, and 3 chicken sandwiches." Mer said taking it all out of the bag. We all took one. Everyone also took a water bottle but there was only 4. "Grayson walked over to the corner I was eating in and gave me his water bottle. "Take it you need it more then me." He said rubbing my arm. "...thanks" I said retrieving it from his warm hand. "Can I eat with you?" He asked. "I guess" I replied. "I need to talk to you about something." Grayson blurted out after 5 minutes. "Okay"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Hey guys hope you liked this chapter! Comment, like and add this to your library! Thanks! ~ kirsten 💙

SPOILERS: in the next chapter you will find out what Grayson had to tell Brianna and much more!😏